Windows 10: windows explorer keeps showing not responding

Discus and support windows explorer keeps showing not responding in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, As titled, windows explorer keeps on saying that it is not responding, at first it was the odd time, know it very frequent , it reboots... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by samIOW, Oct 31, 2017.

1. samIOW Win User

windows explorer keeps showing not responding

Hello,

As titled, windows explorer keeps on saying that it is not responding, at first it was the odd time, know it very frequent , it reboots itself and then it's ok for a little while then it comes up with not responding, It is starting to get very annoying.

Does anybody have an idea as to what the problem might be.

Thanks

:)

samIOW, Oct 31, 2017

2. Unable to display drive data

Hey

I m trying to explore a folder in a drive but it keep showing "Working on it" and if i click somewhere on the page than it stop responding.

SachinTomar92, Oct 31, 2017
  3. Internet Explorer is not working properly in Windows 10

original title - windows 10 Internet Explore

when I click on open with Internet Explore, I keep getting internet explorer is not responding and then it closes

RonnieRenfrow, Oct 31, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi,
    What is your actual build number?
    (Windows key + X, winver)

Try these basic steps:
    1. Please check your disk. Download and install Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and post a screenshot of its GUI
    to post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon to the left of the video icon above your post

2. Check your file system
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.

3. From an admin prompt run
    SFC /SCANNOW
    and post the result

Please boot to Safe Mode.
    Do you see the same problem with file explorer?

dalchina, Nov 1, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows explorer keeps showing not responding - Similar Threads - explorer keeps showing

2. File Explorer keeps not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer keeps not responding.: I have tried all the obvious solutions but no improvement. Even Task Manager finds it hard to close.New Lenovo desktop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-keeps-not-responding/4109a51f-bd65-49cd-8e55-c9c91f4071ea
  3. File Explorer keeps not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer keeps not responding.: I have tried all the obvious solutions but no improvement. Even Task Manager finds it hard to close.New Lenovo desktop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-keeps-not-responding/4109a51f-bd65-49cd-8e55-c9c91f4071ea
  4. file explorer keeps not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer keeps not responding: My file explorer is not working right. Sometimes I need to wait for a long time or I need to stop it using task manager. Please help me fix this explorer or I will not use Microsoft again....
  5. file explorer keeps not responding

file explorer keeps not responding: My file explorer is not working right. Sometimes I need to wait for a long time or I need to stop it using task manager. Please help me fix this explorer or I will not use Microsoft again....
  6. file explorer keeps not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. File explorer keep loading and not responding.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer keep loading and not responding.: I have realize that I have these two extra folders, I don't know if this is the reason that lead to freezing my file explorer or not.Yesterday my pc work just fine but after some minor update, my pc somehow start up very slow and now my file explorer just not fixing.My...
  8. File explorer keep loading and not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keep loading and not responding.: I have realize that I have these two extra folders, I don't know if this is the reason that lead to freezing my file explorer or not.Yesterday my pc work just fine but after some minor update, my pc somehow start up very slow and now my file explorer just not fixing.My...
  9. File explorer keep loading and not responding.

10. FILE EXPLORER KEEPS ON "NOT RESPONDING"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FILE EXPLORER KEEPS ON "NOT RESPONDING": I have new Acer laptop, then on my first day of using, File Explorer was good. But when I was using it on the next day, every time I open it, it keeps on "Not Responding", I couldn't even click Quick Access, Documents, Downloads and etc. and I couldn't use it all day long....