Windows 10: Windows Explorer lagging after changing background picture?

Discus and support Windows Explorer lagging after changing background picture? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says it all. Tried changing my background photo to I guess a large sized photo. Never saw the background change but the taskbar and desktop icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ruztees, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer lagging after changing background picture?

Title says it all. Tried changing my background photo to I guess a large sized photo. Never saw the background change but the taskbar and desktop icons would pop out of existence. I checked task manager and its using around 30 percent of my cpu. Other applications like discord and spotify load up normally but anytime I try to right click my desktop, it freezes and starts using more cpu.

I've tried Restarting my PC Reinstalling windows Updating windows Restarting Windows Explorer

I cant seem to find anything on Google that helps.

submitted by /u/Ruztees
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ruztees, Mar 30, 2021

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Change desktop background and colors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Windows Explorer lagging after changing background picture?

change size of background wall paper+it is a custon wallpaper(my picture)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps you to
    change size of background wall paper.

a) Right click on the desktop screen.

b) Select personalize and click on Desktop Background at the bottom of the screen.

c) Select the image and change the picture position to Centre from the drop down list.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer lagging after changing background picture?

1. Windows Explorer lagging after changing background picture? - Similar Threads - Explorer lagging changing

2. Background's picture size change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background's picture size change: Hi, I have a problem with background's picture size. I want my background's picture stay in size "center" but each time I restart my computer the background's size switch on "thumbnail" vignette in French size. I don't succeed to fix it. Thank you in advance. Cyrille....
  3. Background's picture size change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background's picture size change: Hi, I have a problem with background's picture size. I want my background's picture stay in size "center" but each time I restart my computer the background's size switch on "thumbnail" vignette in French size. I don't succeed to fix it. Thank you in advance. Cyrille....
  4. Background's picture size change

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Background pictures

Background pictures: My background picture was gone this morning, I went to personalize under slideshow browse selected the folder with my pictures and it show nothing. went to the file folder and looked into pictures and my pictures are there. I tried different folders same thing folder is there...
  6. Groove Music changes background picture

Groove Music changes background picture: For the past few days Dec update? Groove Music has been changing my Personalization settings from a 'slideshow' using a particular folder I have for backgrounds. Now when I look up at the monitor I see a picture of a musician - not surprisingly the artist I'm listening to. I...
  7. Changing pictures background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing pictures background: Hello guys, I‘ve recently changed my background picture on Windows (the one that shows up when logging in) and I regret it because I loved the nice, scenic pictures that changed every now and then. How can I get it back to that diashow of pictures that windows selects? Thx in...
  8. Change File Explorer Background

Change File Explorer Background: Hi all, I just recently upgraded my version of Windows 10 to 1809, where Microsoft introduced the dark theme for File Explorer. I'm gonna be honest, it looks terrible. I might be just not used to it, but I want it back to the white background. I'm aware I can change the...
  9. Windows file explorer background color changed after update

Windows file explorer background color changed after update: After receiving the update for windows 10, my folder windows colors changed to black and text to white. A feature many have wanted by all the forum posts I have read spanning years but I do not, I wish the default colors. No file explorer software has been installed. My theme...
  10. Background Picture

Background Picture: Hi there. When I go into Settings and set the Background picture/slideshow, I always see letters on the sample screen, like 'Aa' and 'Sample Text'. What can you do with that? I don't find any explanations anywhere. Thank you. 8133