Windows 10: Windows Explorer Lagging after couple of hours

Discus and support Windows Explorer Lagging after couple of hours in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently reinstall full windows 10 after I upgrade my primary storage to NVME ssd from sata3 ssd. Everything seems to be working fine. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AzriAWR, Mar 20, 2020.

1. AzriAWR Win User

Windows Explorer Lagging after couple of hours

Hi, I recently reinstall full windows 10 after I upgrade my primary storage to NVME ssd from sata3 ssd. Everything seems to be working fine. I have a habit of never shutting down my pc when I sleep. This is where the problem starts when the file explorer starts to lag. Video plays without any lag, but the lag can be felt while navigating through the windows. The easiest solution I found is to restart the windows explorer and the lag is gone. Is there any possible explanation for this?

:)

AzriAWR, Mar 20, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer Lagging after couple of hours - Similar Threads - Explorer Lagging couple

2. blue screen of death after a couple hours of reinstalling the operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen of death after a couple hours of reinstalling the operating system: I noticed an unusually frequent number of blue screen deaths on my HP Elitebook 850 G5 so I decided that I would reinstall the operating system from a USB boot media. Everything went successfully. I formatted all the partitions on my hard drive. Other than the default...
  3. PC crashes every couple hours, or right after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes every couple hours, or right after startup: pc bsods with error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and in bluescreen view it says its caused by ntoskrnl.exe. any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashes-every-couple-hours-or-right-after/1adcf26c-05d7-49d1-b102-872080f9169e
  4. PC crashes every couple hours, or right after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes every couple hours, or right after startup: pc bsods with error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and in bluescreen view it says its caused by ntoskrnl.exe. any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashes-every-couple-hours-or-right-after/1adcf26c-05d7-49d1-b102-872080f9169e
  5. Windows files keep getting corrupted after a couple hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows files keep getting corrupted after a couple hours.: Hey there! Ever since a couple of days ago my computer started acting up randomly closing programs and crashing apps. Every time it does that I run sfc /scannow and theres always issues. After it fixes files I reboot and do the command again and it says they didn’t find any...
  6. Windows files keep getting corrupted after a couple hours.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows files keep getting corrupted after a couple hours.: Hey there! Ever since a couple of days ago my computer started acting up randomly closing programs and crashing apps. Every time it does that I run sfc /scannow and theres always issues. After it fixes files I reboot and do the command again and it says they didn’t find any...
  7. Just a couple of hours***

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just a couple of hours***: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/luaykashef [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsgj3f/just_a_couple_of_hours/
  8. Windows 10 falls asleep randomly, sometimes after a couple of hours of inactivity and...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 falls asleep randomly, sometimes after a couple of hours of inactivity and...: Similar questions have been asked before without any solution. So, BEFORE ANSWERING, please avoid any common ordinary answers and please note: 1) Windows is already updated to the latest version (1903). 2) All power saving settings are already checked. 3) Task scheduler...
  9. Performance Slows Down Substantially Couple of Hours after Reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Slows Down Substantially Couple of Hours after Reboot: Each time I reboot my system a cycle of good performance for a couple of hours and then degradation into an extremely slow performance, sluggish/stalling software begins. I need to reboot my system when this happens, and things become okay once again. How shall I see what...
  10. Performance Slows Down Substantially Couple of Hours after Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Performance Slows Down Substantially Couple of Hours after Reboot: Each time I reboot my system a cycle of good performance for a couple of hours and then degradation into an extremely slow performance, sluggish/stalling software begins. I need to reboot my system when this happens, and things become okay once again. How shall I see what...