Windows 10: Windows explorer lags and freezes after browsing folders containing 100000+ images

Discus and support Windows explorer lags and freezes after browsing folders containing 100000+ images in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I work as a graphic designer/animator. I have over 1 million images/animation frames stored on my computer, average image size is around 5 mb but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Codemaker0, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Windows explorer lags and freezes after browsing folders containing 100000+ images

Hi,I work as a graphic designer/animator. I have over 1 million images/animation frames stored on my computer, average image size is around 5 mb but it can range from tiny pictures below 1mb and bigger images like 100mb.I am using windows 10, fully updated, ran complete virus scan. The issue is not isolated to a specific storage drive. The issue started happening gradually and it was roughly when I started exceeding 1 million image files total on my computer. This count is based on my project trackers which count the number of artwork and animation frames. My computer has total RAM memory of

:)

Codemaker0, Feb 24, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 24, 2024
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Feb 24, 2024
  4. Windows explorer lags and freezes after browsing folders containing 100000+ images

Spinning wheel in tab on explorer if folder contains images

Every time I open a folder in explorer that contains images, a spinning wheel shows up on the tab and will run continuously until I leave that folder. I have onedrive removed from my system and using the beta explorer for windows 11.

RobertPettit3, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

Windows explorer lags and freezes after browsing folders containing 100000+ images

1. Windows explorer lags and freezes after browsing folders containing 100000+ images - Similar Threads - explorer lags freezes

2. Windows explorer lags and freezes after browsing folders containing 100000+ images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer lags and freezes after browsing folders containing 100000+ images: Hi,I work as a graphic designer/animator. I have over 1 million images/animation frames stored on my computer, average image size is around 5 mb but it can range from tiny pictures below 1mb and bigger images like 100mb.I am using windows 10, fully updated, ran complete virus...
  3. Windows explorer lags and freezes after browsing folders containing 100000+ images

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer lags and freezes after browsing folders containing 100000+ images: Hi,I work as a graphic designer/animator. I have over 1 million images/animation frames stored on my computer, average image size is around 5 mb but it can range from tiny pictures below 1mb and bigger images like 100mb.I am using windows 10, fully updated, ran complete virus...
  4. Windows explorer lags and freezese after browsing 100000+ images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer lags and freezese after browsing 100000+ images: Hi,I work as a graphic designer/animator. I have over 1 million images/animation frames stored on my computer, average image size is around 5 mb but it can range from tiny pictures below 1mb and bigger images like 100mb.I am using windows 10, fully updated, ran complete virus...
  5. Windows explorer lags and freezese after browsing 100000+ images

Windows explorer lags and freezese after browsing 100000+ images: Hi,I work as a graphic designer/animator. I have over 1 million images/animation frames stored on my computer, average image size is around 5 mb but it can range from tiny pictures below 1mb and bigger images like 100mb.I am using windows 10, fully updated, ran complete virus...
  6. Spinning wheel in tab on explorer if folder contains images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spinning wheel in tab on explorer if folder contains images: Every time I open a folder in explorer that contains images, a spinning wheel shows up on the tab and will run continuously until I leave that folder. I have onedrive removed from my system and using the beta explorer for windows 11....
  7. Spinning wheel in tab on explorer if folder contains images

Spinning wheel in tab on explorer if folder contains images: Every time I open a folder in explorer that contains images, a spinning wheel shows up on the tab and will run continuously until I leave that folder. I have onedrive removed from my system and using the beta explorer for windows 11....
  8. Windows 11 explorer freez and lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 explorer freez and lag: Windows explorer freezes and does not respond for about 8 seconds after 10 or so minutes of inactivity on the screen. When it is used, everything is fine. So, if I use the computer, everything is fine, but when I stop using it and leave it standing for about 10 or so minutes...
  9. Windows 11 explorer freez and lag

Windows 11 explorer freez and lag: Windows explorer freezes and does not respond for about 8 seconds after 10 or so minutes of inactivity on the screen. When it is used, everything is fine. So, if I use the computer, everything is fine, but when I stop using it and leave it standing for about 10 or so minutes...
  10. File Explorer is lagging and freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer is lagging and freezing: This is a very annoying problem I have in Windows 10. It has been like this for 2 weeks and after a lot of searching and posting in forums, I haven't got any fix whatsoever. I'll explain my problem: If I open This PC (for example) icon on my desktop, all of my RAM and CPU...