Windows 10: Windows Explorer lost it's icon in Windows Search and won't work.

Discus and support Windows Explorer lost it's icon in Windows Search and won't work. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi. I'm a Windows 10 user version 20H2, with AMD Radeon / Ryzen graphics and the manufacturer is Lenovo. Since 1 or 1 and a half months ago, my Windows... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by lizardinWindows10, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer lost it's icon in Windows Search and won't work.

Hi. I'm a Windows 10 user version 20H2, with AMD Radeon / Ryzen graphics and the manufacturer is Lenovo. Since 1 or 1 and a half months ago, my Windows Explorer lost it's icon and wont work when i searched it in Windows Search. Can you please help this issue? It is Windows Explorer but the name is File Explorer.

:)

lizardinWindows10, Jan 22, 2021

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Windows Explorer lost it's icon in Windows Search and won't work.

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer lost it's icon in Windows Search and won't work.

1. Windows Explorer lost it's icon in Windows Search and won't work. - Similar Threads - Explorer lost icon

2. File Explorer Icon lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Icon lost: Hey guys! Today, I just switched on my pc, and I found out that the file explorer icon has been lost. I went to properties from the taskbar, and changed the icon I had an icon for backup, but when I applied it, still it remained the same- a paper with one corner folded....
  3. File Explorer Icon lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Icon lost: Hey guys! Today, I just switched on my pc, and I found out that the file explorer icon has been lost. I went to properties from the taskbar, and changed the icon I had an icon for backup, but when I applied it, still it remained the same- a paper with one corner folded....
  4. File Explorer Icon lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explorer search and windows search not working

in Cortana
    File explorer search and windows search not working: After I did dskchk /r in cmd it replaced some bad cluster filesAnd the window search and file explorer search is not working and I can't type any thing in it The window search is running and I did a troubleshoot ,it said that it's fixed but it's not....
  6. Lost search icon on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost search icon on Windows 11: I just started using Windows 11 and the search box I use a lot, but it lost its icon. Although I have reinstalled my OS and updated all possible updates on the system. However it doesn't solve the problem...
  7. Lost search icon on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost search icon on Windows 11: I just started using Windows 11 and the search box I use a lot, but it lost its icon. Although I have reinstalled my OS and updated all possible updates on the system. However it doesn't solve the problem...
  8. windows explorer search not working?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows explorer search not working?: Version 20H2 (OS build 19043.1110) Hi, I have an odd problem, if I click on windows explorer and get the explorer page up I can do most things in there other than search? If I put one of my directories in the top left box i.e. >users and type anything into the right hand box...
  9. Corrupt search icon in explorer windows

in Cortana
    Corrupt search icon in explorer windows: I am running windows 10 x64 version 1909. In the search box at the top right of all windows explorer windows, the magnifying glass icon has been replaced by an empty square icon. When I click in the search box, the magnifying glass is restored, but when I click anywhere else...
  10. Lost search icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost search icon: I have a new laptop with windows 10 home. Cortana suddenly appeared last night. It might be useful, but only seems to want to search the internet. I have managed to hide/disable it but have lost the search icon which searched my PC only; how do I get it back please? 78367