Windows 10: Windows explorer make explorer.exe crash and restart

Discus and support Windows explorer make explorer.exe crash and restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, everytime i click on the windows explorer icone on my taskbar my explorer.exe crash and restart (both right and left click make it crash)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Turimo, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Turimo Win User

Windows explorer make explorer.exe crash and restart

Hello,
    everytime i click on the windows explorer icone on my taskbar my explorer.exe crash and restart (both right and left click make it crash)

Attachment 65643

In hope you will be able to help me

:)

Turimo, Feb 21, 2016
  2. J.W.HV Win User

Explorer.exe crash loop

WIn 10, latest updates as of today. Upgrade installation from Win 7.

What happens:

Initially explorer.exe would crash and go into a crash/restart loop when right-clicking anything on the desktop or in a file explorer window. Sometimes explorer could be successfully restarted after restarting it in task manager, but most often not and
    Windows would need to be restarted.

Now explorer.exe crashes immediately on login to Windows. No Start button, no taskbar. Everything has to be opened via task manager. Some programs start in the background and cannot be brought to front with alt-tab, the program has to be right-clicked
    in task manager and "bring to front" selected.

Is there a fix for this? What's the troubleshooting process to find out what the issue is?

J.W.HV, Feb 21, 2016
  3. Explorer.exe crashing when opening a folder. Event viewer points to ntdll.dll

Since I can't view my files right now I decided to download some alternatives to file explorer. Total Commander does not crash when launched. However Explorer++ crashes on launching. It doesn't restart explorer.exe but simply doesn't respond and crashes.

coolbigbear, Feb 21, 2016
  4. Turimo Win User

Somehow CCleaner scan fixed it sorry for the post !

Turimo, Feb 21, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Sounds like it was a cache issue.

6. Greenguru Win User
    Window 10 and IE oh and the build in browser really freeze up a lot I don't even use them as default

Greenguru, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows explorer make explorer.exe crash and restart - Similar Threads - explorer explorer exe

2. Explorer crashes and restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashes and restarts randomly: HiMy explorer crashes and restarts randomly every 2-5 minutesIm using win 10 ver 21H1 19043.1706I'v tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, sfc /scannow,chkdsk /f /r /clear all temp filesscan for virusesClean startupNothing workedAny help please?...
  3. Explorer crashes and restarts randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashes and restarts randomly: HiMy explorer crashes and restarts randomly every 2-5 minutesIm using win 10 ver 21H1 19043.1706I'v tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, sfc /scannow,chkdsk /f /r /clear all temp filesscan for virusesClean startupNothing workedAny help please?...
  4. Explorer crashes and restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File Explorer crashing and restarting constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer crashing and restarting constantly: File Explorer has started crashing the last few days and it's driving me up the wall. It hangs, then a progress bar starts creeping up the file location box, until everything disappears. During this process the pointer is a spinning blue circle and I can't click anywhere else...
  6. Windows Explorer crash/restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer crash/restarting: For a few weeks now I've had issues with windows explorer crashing/restarting every hour, sometimes more. When ever i check event view it always shows. Did a fresh install today to see if it would stopped but it happened again right after I installed Intel Chipset drivers. (...
  7. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  8. Windows explorer crashing and restarting continuously on startup

Windows explorer crashing and restarting continuously on startup: Hello This afternoon I had my laptop standing by itself for maybe half an hour, when I got back to it, it had restarted and now when I log on it gets maybe 2 seconds into starting up whatever programs are set to start up, and then Windows Explorer crashes, the screen goes...
  9. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
  10. Windows Explorer crashes and restarts again in Windows10

Windows Explorer crashes and restarts again in Windows10: I had Windows 7 in my system for a long time, but recently Windows explorer was getting crashed frequently so I updated to Windows 10 and also removed all the newly added softwares, but the problem didn't get solved. Now it was crashing but restarting again, apart from this...
Tags: