Windows 10: Windows explorer menu bar won't go away.

Discus and support Windows explorer menu bar won't go away. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried everything: folder settings menu settings missing, registry editing doesn't do anything, restarted explorer.exe a million times. EIther... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Funny World, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Windows explorer menu bar won't go away.

I've tried everything: folder settings menu settings missing, registry editing doesn't do anything, restarted explorer.exe a million times. EIther picture 1 or picture 2 is the result. I've recently updated Windows so I'm suspecting that may be the issue. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any fixes?

:)

Funny World, Apr 7, 2023

2. Menu Bar for IE10

Hi CherylPree,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you need to find the menu bar in Internet 10.
    The menu bar can be turned on or off in Internet Explorer. Here's how to display the menu bar if it is turned off.

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps,

To display the menus temporarily

• In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click
      Internet Explorer.
    • Press Alt.
    To display the menus permanently

• In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click
      Internet Explorer.
    • Click the View button, point to Toolbars, and then click
      Menu Bar.
    Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 7, 2023
  3. damtachoa Win User
    4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Apr 7, 2023
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Windows explorer menu bar won't go away.

Favorite & Command Bar not showng even though they are ticked

Hi,

The Internet Explorer 11 provides a user interface which helps users to focus on the content of the page rather than the browser itself, hence hiding the Favorites Bar, Command Bar, Menu Bar, and Status Bar. To turn the toolbars back on, we suggest that
    you follow these steps:

• In IE11, press ALT + V to show the
      View
      menu.
    • Press T on your keyboard to enter the Toolbars
      menu, and then press:
      • C key to turn on the Command Bar
      • F key to turn on the Favorites Bar
      • S key to turn on the Status Bar
    Let us know if the recommended solution works for you.

Joan Pin, Apr 7, 2023
Thema:

Windows explorer menu bar won't go away.

1. Windows explorer menu bar won't go away. - Similar Threads - explorer menu bar

2. Windows explorer menu bar won't go away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer menu bar won't go away.: I've tried everything: folder settings menu settings missing, registry editing doesn't do anything, restarted explorer.exe a million times. EIther picture 1 or picture 2 is the result. I've recently updated Windows so I'm suspecting that may be the issue. Has anyone...
  3. Windows 11 - Language bar won't hide/go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Language bar won't hide/go away: Hi!win 11 = 10.0.22622.601]The option "Use the desktop language bar when it’s available" stop working.Now language bar won't go away, never... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-language-bar-wont-hidego-away/d268a944-8184-4844-95e5-f4238d5ba89a
  4. Windows 11 - Language bar won't hide/go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Language bar won't hide/go away: Hi!win 11 = 10.0.22622.601]The option "Use the desktop language bar when it’s available" stop working.Now language bar won't go away, never... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-language-bar-wont-hidego-away/d268a944-8184-4844-95e5-f4238d5ba89a
  5. Vertical light bar - won't go away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vertical light bar - won't go away: I have a vertical light bar on my desk top and it stays on top of every page I open up. The slide is full on all the time and I can't move its position. Any idea how I can get rid of it? Thank you! Chicki...
  6. Windows explorer blue circle won't go away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows explorer blue circle won't go away: I just built a new PC. I've only been using it for a week. Everything was running fine, until a couple days ago. When the PC first boots up everything is fine. Then after booting up a game or program, windows explorer stalls. I can't click anything on the task bar. It...
  7. Media bar will not go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media bar will not go away: Hello, I've been trying to watch movies on my laptop but the gigantic media bar which shows volume and what you're playing next to it will not go away. Literally as its starting to fade away, it will immediately come back.It tends to happen during loud scenes which seems to...
  8. Sound bar that won't go away.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound bar that won't go away.: Several months ago I ran an update and ended up with a sound bar on the top left and middle of my screen. For months, I have been unplugging my mouse and keyboard as I restart my machine and magically this has worked, however, now it doesn't. I am not computer savvy,...
  9. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  10. Internet explorer bar stuck at stop of screen. Won't go away.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer bar stuck at stop of screen. Won't go away.: There is a bar going all the way across the top of my screen. It has the basic Internet Explorer icons (forward/back arrows, home icon, a search) and then a bunch of social media icons to the right. I don't want this there and can't find out how to remove it. Can anyone help?...