Windows 10: Windows Explorer messing up

Discus and support Windows Explorer messing up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Win 10 OK so up until about a week ago I had no issues with Windows Explorer when I would try and save or move around files/folders but this last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave1776, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Dave1776 Win User

Windows Explorer messing up

Hi

Win 10

OK so up until about a week ago I had no issues with Windows Explorer when I would try and save or move around files/folders but this last weeks been a nightmare trying to do anything in explorer up to and including moving and deleting files out of the recycle bin.

Now when I try and delete things or copy/move things explorer just goes so slow or like right now I plugged in one of my external drives to find a file and the icons show up but just as blank white icons. And if I do happen to get a thumbnail instead of the blank one I noticed the minute I open the file and then close it and go up a folder all the icons are again blank.

Is there any way to safely reset explorer to fix this without having to go through the headache of redoiong my entire system?

I know I had a couple of recent updates so unsure if any of those are causing this or not?

Thanks!

:)

Dave1776, Aug 14, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 14, 2020
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows Explorer messing up wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

1. Windows Explorer messing up - Similar Threads - Explorer messing

2. File explorer colors messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer colors messed up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and my file explorer colors got messed up.Everything else looks fine for the normal dark mode.I've tried changing the theme to light mode and changing it back to dark mode but it didn't do anything. I updated to 23H2, but that didn't work...
  3. File explorer colors messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer colors messed up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and my file explorer colors got messed up.Everything else looks fine for the normal dark mode.I've tried changing the theme to light mode and changing it back to dark mode but it didn't do anything. I updated to 23H2, but that didn't work...
  4. File Explorer update created a crazy mess

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer update created a crazy mess: Hello !Recently, probably less than a week ago, Windows updated itself Win 11 Family - 10.0.22621 Build 22621 and completely changed the way the file explorer is displayed. Now, instead of finding my previously pinned files and folders, I'm presented with a "Home" page that...
  5. File Explorer update created a crazy mess

File Explorer update created a crazy mess: Hello !Recently, probably less than a week ago, Windows updated itself Win 11 Family - 10.0.22621 Build 22621 and completely changed the way the file explorer is displayed. Now, instead of finding my previously pinned files and folders, I'm presented with a "Home" page that...
  6. windows 11 file explorer: a mess with address bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 file explorer: a mess with address bar: If windows has been up for several daysusually 3+ days, the address bar in file explorer would be shadowed by toolbar.This have been existing for months. I have tried following ways but none of them work, currently only reboot is the temporary solution for this issue.sfc...
  7. windows 11 file explorer: a mess with address bar

windows 11 file explorer: a mess with address bar: If windows has been up for several daysusually 3+ days, the address bar in file explorer would be shadowed by toolbar.This have been existing for months. I have tried following ways but none of them work, currently only reboot is the temporary solution for this issue.sfc...
  8. Windows 11 has completely messed up some of my users file explorer setups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has completely messed up some of my users file explorer setups: We had some mandatory training for a new system we are rolling out. They login with their credentials on the training computer. We get through training. Now, back at their desks, they go to open file explorer and ALL of their pinned quick access folders are gone. Couldn't...
  9. Windows 11 has completely messed up some of my users file explorer setups

Windows 11 has completely messed up some of my users file explorer setups: We had some mandatory training for a new system we are rolling out. They login with their credentials on the training computer. We get through training. Now, back at their desks, they go to open file explorer and ALL of their pinned quick access folders are gone. Couldn't...
  10. Recently, I've been messing around with my windows 10 file explorer icon and I noticed that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently, I've been messing around with my windows 10 file explorer icon and I noticed that...: So first of all, my Windows Version is 22H2, OS Build 19045.3086. I am running on Windows 10 and trying to get back the default windows 10 icon for file explorer. Also, on the taskbar, it shows the default file icon but when i search up on windows search, it shows the windows...