Windows 10: Windows Explorer & Microsoft Account issues.

Discus and support Windows Explorer & Microsoft Account issues. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, all. Basically, the "Hide protected operating system files" option in Windows Explorer breaks when signing-in to a Microsoft Account [when it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rusty Crowbar, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer & Microsoft Account issues.

Hey, all.

Basically, the "Hide protected operating system files" option in Windows Explorer breaks when signing-in to a Microsoft Account [when it is unchecked, it checks itself automatically & vice-versa; reverting to a local account does not fix it; if an account is purely a local one, i.e. the local account was never turned into a Microsoft Account, the problem never happens]. Why does this happen? I've gone through 2 clean Windows installs & the problem has always happened when I signed-in to my Microsoft Account [during the OOBE, I first create a local account, then I sign-in to my Microsoft Account; I have done this on both installs]. I initially thought I broke something by messing with the Registry, so I went around changing registry settings to their defaults, uninstalling software etc. [did not fix the problem]. This is a per-user problem, not a machine-wide problem. I created a new local account - "Test" & signed-in to it; "Hide protected operating system files" worked without issues. Then I signed-in to my Microsoft Account, restarted & "Hide protected operating system files" broke.

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 20H2

OS build: 19042.804

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

:)

Rusty Crowbar, Feb 26, 2021
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows Explorer & Microsoft Account issues. wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows Explorer & Microsoft Account issues. :(

Zakin, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Windows Explorer & Microsoft Account issues.

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer & Microsoft Account issues.

1. Windows Explorer & Microsoft Account issues. - Similar Threads - Explorer Microsoft Account

2. Microsoft account issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account issues: I am on play station and I need to figure this out ps me and that friend don't talk anymore My friend created my Microsoft account awhile back and I recently have been trying to play on servers and whenever I try to connect it it says that I have one linked already how do I...
  3. Microsoft Account Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Issues: Hello all - I am having an issue with my account that is manifests in several ways. I am having issues with the following things:Windows Hello Pin wont set and says "try again later"Can't change password not forgotten password says "service unavailable"Can't sign out of all...
  4. Microsoft Account and Windows Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Account and Windows Issues: I have been having constant issues with windows apps crashing and not working correctly. This problem persists even after a fresh windows install which I log into my Microsoft account during set up.My question is, what files does Windows carry over when I log into my...
  5. Microsoft Account and Windows Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account and Windows Issues: I have been having constant issues with windows apps crashing and not working correctly. This problem persists even after a fresh windows install which I log into my Microsoft account during set up.My question is, what files does Windows carry over when I log into my...
  6. Microsoft Account and Windows Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Account Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Issues: I went to sign into my Minecraft account this morning I migrated it from a Mojang account to a Microsoft account about 2 months ago, only to be met with the message "Microsoft Account does not exist" or something along those lines, so I tried to sign in via my old Mojang...
  8. Microsoft Account Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Issues: I recently deleted my Hotmail e-mail because I created a new one and it was connected to my Windows 10 PC. Now I am trying to work on my computer but it won’t let me because it says that my Microsoft Account is out of date and I don’t know how to fix this. I am trying to...
  9. Windows Explorer & Microsoft Account issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer & Microsoft Account issues.: Hey, all. Basically, the "Hide protected operating system files" option in Windows Explorer breaks when signing-in to a Microsoft Account [when it is unchecked, it checks itself automatically & vice-versa; reverting to a local account does not fix it; if an account is purely...
  10. Microsoft Account Issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Issue: I have more things to explain its good i get somebody to explain. In short I am unable to login to my Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-issue/aa3a2089-d6c3-4d5d-88be-5ce89350bbef