Windows 10: Windows Explorer Missing Various Locations/Shortcuts in Navigation Pan

Discus and support Windows Explorer Missing Various Locations/Shortcuts in Navigation Pan in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been having a rather annoying issue over the last few months of my Windows Explorer in both the navigation panel and "This PC" section. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Officer, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer Missing Various Locations/Shortcuts in Navigation Pan

I have been having a rather annoying issue over the last few months of my Windows Explorer in both the navigation panel and "This PC" section. The navigation panel no longer has things like "Network", "This PC", "Documents/Pictures/etc" and drive letters is missing from the navigation panel, and also from the "This PC" area, which obviously prevents quick access to those things. I have been unable to find a good fix for this since most results come up with something slightly different than mine, and attempts to implement those fixes results in nothing changing. Is there a good fix for this? Thank you in advanced. Below is an image of the situation. Compare the nav panel and this pc window to your own.

Windows Explorer Missing Various Locations/Shortcuts in Navigation Pan [​IMG]

:)

The Officer, Oct 16, 2020

2. OneDrive missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane

When I first cleaned installed Windows 10 v1809 on my machine I applied a Group Policy setting for OneDrive to Prevent the Usage of OneDrive for File Storage to ENABLED. Of course, that would remove the OneDrive from the left side navigation pane within Windows File Explorer. But now, I set the Group Policy back to NOT CONFIGURED, rebooted the machine and the OneDrive is still missing from the the left side of the Windows File Explorer navigation pane as shown in my image. I even performed the command GPUPDATE /FORCE.

My laptop is a standalone, not part of a Domain.

I tried all the things listed from the article below but with no luck. I also was able to sign in with my OneDrive account and that was all fine and OneDrive appeared on the File Explorer pane. But once I UNLINKED my account from OneDrive, the OneDrive was still missing.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-b74545c7f4da

Even if no Group Policies are set, and even NOT signing into OneDrive, by default, the OneDrive icon should still appear on the left side navigation pane when launching Windows File Explorer.

And suggestions?

My guess is to recreate my user profile, but I don't really want to do that now.

win10freak, Oct 16, 2020
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Windows Explorer Missing Various Locations/Shortcuts in Navigation Pan

Panning hand on IE and Edge - Surface Pro 3

Hi,

To disable the Panning hand, follow the steps below;

• Launch Internet Explorer and press Alt + V key.
    • The Toolbars will appear at the upper left corner of the page and click on
      Panning hand
    • Turn off the Caret browsing by pressing F7.
    Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Mel Tar, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer Missing Various Locations/Shortcuts in Navigation Pan

1. Windows Explorer Missing Various Locations/Shortcuts in Navigation Pan - Similar Threads - Explorer Missing Various

2. compatibility of typing "cmd.exe" in the window explorer navigation bar with various...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    compatibility of typing "cmd.exe" in the window explorer navigation bar with various...: HelloI'm about to create a tutorial, and i would like to know if the ability of typing "cmd.exe" in the file explorer navigation text input is a feature that also exists on other window version. Win10? Win8? Older? i am using windows 11, & i'd like to ensure that other...
  3. compatibility of typing "cmd.exe" in the window explorer navigation bar with various...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    compatibility of typing "cmd.exe" in the window explorer navigation bar with various...: HelloI'm about to create a tutorial, and i would like to know if the ability of typing "cmd.exe" in the file explorer navigation text input is a feature that also exists on other window version. Win10? Win8? Older? i am using windows 11, & i'd like to ensure that other...
  4. WIndows 10 21H2 - Quick Access Shortcut Missing from Navigation Pane in File Explorer

WIndows 10 21H2 - Quick Access Shortcut Missing from Navigation Pane in File Explorer: We installed the latest update last week for Windows 10 21H2, and since the update we are now missing the Quick Access shortcut from the Navigation Pane in File Explorer.I have checked all registry settings, tried running repairs, and nothing is bringing the Quick Access...
  5. WIndows 10 21H2 - Quick Access Shortcut Missing from Navigation Pane in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 21H2 - Quick Access Shortcut Missing from Navigation Pane in File Explorer: We installed the latest update last week for Windows 10 21H2, and since the update we are now missing the Quick Access shortcut from the Navigation Pane in File Explorer.I have checked all registry settings, tried running repairs, and nothing is bringing the Quick Access...
  6. Shortcuts for Windows Explorer Preview and Navigation Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts for Windows Explorer Preview and Navigation Bar: Hi,Quick question about Windows Explorere in Win10 / Win11:Is there a solution for hiding / showing:1. Windows Navigation Sidebar in Explorer2. Preview Windows in ExplorerI would apprechiate any help. Thank you and kind regards.EDIT: I just found out that Alt-P toogles the...
  7. Shortcuts for Windows Explorer Preview and Navigation Bar

Shortcuts for Windows Explorer Preview and Navigation Bar: Hi,Quick question about Windows Explorere in Win10 / Win11:Is there a solution for hiding / showing:1. Windows Navigation Sidebar in Explorer2. Preview Windows in ExplorerI would apprechiate any help. Thank you and kind regards.EDIT: I just found out that Alt-P toogles the...
  8. Shortcuts for Windows Explorer Preview and Navigation Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. File Explorer Missing Various Locations/Shortcuts in Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Missing Various Locations/Shortcuts in Navigation Pane: I have been having a rather annoying issue over the last few months of my Windows Explorer in both the navigation panel and "This PC" section. The navigation panel no longer has things like "Network", "This PC", "Documents/Pictures/etc" and drive letters is missing from the...
  10. Missing navigation arrows in Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing navigation arrows in Explorer: This concerns the latest update to Windows 10, version 1903, OS build 18362.267, installed on 8/2/2019. The navigation arrows that reveal the contents of folders have disappeared completely. The only way to see the contents is to double click the folder. This is cumbersome...