Windows 10: Windows Explorer "Move/Copy To" windows is always off centered

Discus and support Windows Explorer "Move/Copy To" windows is always off centered in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, there! I need some help with this annoying and time consuming bug. I work with a lot of files and need to move or copy them multiple times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RicardoMiranda8, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer "Move/Copy To" windows is always off centered

Hi, there!

I need some help with this annoying and time consuming bug.

I work with a lot of files and need to move or copy them multiple times.

For some time now, every time I choose the Move To or Copy To option in the W10 ribbon, the explorer window that shows the destination folders always appears kind of hidden and completely off center, hidding the folder currently selected and the OK buttons.

So I have to always drag it to the center to see what's the destination folder.

See images:

Bug 1- window is kind of hidden below active window see it above the Taskbar

Windows Explorer "Move/Copy To" windows is always off centered 7067842a-c436-4a20-9d0e-6333ca265e0e?upload=true.jpg

Bug 2 MAIN ISSUE

Windows Explorer "Move/Copy To" windows is always off centered c5f7575e-f0a1-4218-bf06-c08d934ed951?upload=true.jpg

I've looked through a lot of forums and here but I can't seem to find a suitable solution and fix.

Thank you in advance!

Ricardo

PS: I have ran SFC /ScanNow and generated a CBS log file if needed.

:)

RicardoMiranda8, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer "Move/Copy To" windows is always off centered

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Explorer "Move/Copy To" windows is always off centered :p

Frick, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer "Move/Copy To" windows is always off centered

1. Windows Explorer "Move/Copy To" windows is always off centered - Similar Threads - Explorer Move Copy

2. Moving or copying files on Windows Explorer grinds to a halt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving or copying files on Windows Explorer grinds to a halt: Pretty self-explanatory: when I attempt to move, copy, or delete files especially to an external drive, but the problem happens even when just permanently deleting files from my trash bin, Explorer will, apparently at random, come to a complete halt, such that I can't even...
  3. Moving or copying files on Windows Explorer grinds to a halt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving or copying files on Windows Explorer grinds to a halt: Pretty self-explanatory: when I attempt to move, copy, or delete files especially to an external drive, but the problem happens even when just permanently deleting files from my trash bin, Explorer will, apparently at random, come to a complete halt, such that I can't even...
  4. Moving or copying files on Windows Explorer grinds to a halt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  6. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  7. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Explorer browse/copy/move window cut off at bottom

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer browse/copy/move window cut off at bottom: Windows 10 Home v1909 x64 I've seen posts about this issue here and there but stuck wondering: has anybody solved this issue yet? When using browse/copy/move files the explorer window opens mid-screen, and the folder box is cut off at the bottom -- the window must be dragged...
  9. Explorer copy move fail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer copy move fail: So I have an odd issue that's been going on since I installed win10. When using explorer, I am not able to move or copy files from one directory to another. At first I thought permissions were messed up or a file issue so I ran sfc and it found no issues. It wasn't a huge...
  10. Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, quick actions, which give you quick access to commonly used settings and apps. When you open the action...