Windows 10: WIndows explorer not being restored on reboot?

Discus and support WIndows explorer not being restored on reboot? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In WIndows 7 I used to be able to have 2 or 3 Windows Explorer windows open on shutdown which would be restored on a reboot. But since upgrading to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TKR99, Dec 12, 2017.

1. TKR99 Win User

WIndows explorer not being restored on reboot?

In WIndows 7 I used to be able to have 2 or 3 Windows Explorer windows open on shutdown which would be restored on a reboot. But since upgrading to Windows 10 any windows are always shut down & I have to manually open each one again. Total laziness I appreciate to not want to have to do that each time., but I did just wonder whether it was possible to regain that Win 7 behaviour??

:)

TKR99, Dec 12, 2017

2. Applications/games not being restored from a complete backup.

Ovi Suite full backup includes options for applications and games backup.

chanchan05, Dec 12, 2017
  3. alzaeem80 Win User
    Applications/games not being restored from a complete backup.

PC suite does not backup program's it back up only contacts , notes and calendars

alzaeem80, Dec 12, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

If you have 100s of webpages open in various windows and tabs and reboot the webpages with their tabs may not reopen.
    A method to guarantee that they automatically open I have not found.
    This method almost always works to reopen quickly any unopened windows:
    1) open the browser
    2) click the mouse in the web address entry
    3) using the keyboard click ctrl + shift (simultaneously) and while holding down these key repetitively click the t key.
    This regularly reopens 100's of windows and tabs for each browser.
    If you use Ccleaner to clean the caches and cookies the above technique will not reopen the windows and tabs.
    Hope this helps.

zbook, Dec 14, 2017
  5. TKR99 Win User
    Sorry - not the web explorer as I use Firefox so well sorted on that front.

No - it's Windows Explorer - or does Win 10 call it something different now - File explorer or whatever?? *Smile

Thanks for trying anyway *Smile

TKR99, Dec 14, 2017
  6. TairikuOkami, Dec 14, 2017
  7. TKR99 Win User
    Perfect - thanks SO much. I'd changed other Options previously but wasn't aware of this particular one - maybe a default in Win 7? Anyway - I'm sorted so hugely grateful for a simple fix. *Smile

TKR99, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. WIndows explorer not being restored on reboot? - Similar Threads - explorer being restored

2. Laptops Being Restored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptops Being Restored: Hello, I need to know how I find out if someone restored my laptop to a previous date. I am confident there was a spy app or there still is on both of my laptops. When I became suspicious I believe they were restored to an earlier date, how can I find out for sure?...
  3. Laptops Being Restored

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptops Being Restored: Hello, I need to know how I find out if someone restored my laptop to a previous date. I am confident there was a spy app or there still is on both of my laptops. When I became suspicious I believe they were restored to an earlier date, how can I find out for sure?...
  4. Laptops Being Restored

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 restore points being deleted after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 restore points being deleted after reboot: I have always found the restore points very helpful, especially after installing new software that then corrupts other software etc..In widow XP it was on automatically and any update from Microsoft automatically created a restore point.With windows 10 I have found that the...
  6. Windows 10 restore points being deleted after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 restore points being deleted after reboot: I have always found the restore points very helpful, especially after installing new software that then corrupts other software etc..In widow XP it was on automatically and any update from Microsoft automatically created a restore point.With windows 10 I have found that the...
  7. Windows 10 restore points being deleted after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows explorer reboot loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows explorer reboot loop: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vicible [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikrxgq/windows_explorer_reboot_loop/
  9. Restoring Windows Explorer as Default Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restoring Windows Explorer as Default Explorer: I have been trying to use alternative Explorer programs and I have changed various programs. Now I would like to revert back to Windows Explorer as my default. How would I go about doing this? Please do not confuse my question for setting IE Edge as my default browser as...
  10. windows explorer being a pain

in Windows 10 Support
    windows explorer being a pain: okay guys, i've been trying to get this to work for some time and haven't had much luck so i decided i should ask for some help. my windows explorer refuses to open after a while. i usually reboot my computer once a week or so but lately i've had to do it more often. after...