Windows 10: Windows Explorer not responding for a few seconds

Discus and support Windows Explorer not responding for a few seconds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 Pro 20H2, all up to date. The PC freezes from time to time, for a few seconds or more. Mouse can move but click won't have effect.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by redhonker, Jan 27, 2021.

1. redhonker Win User

Windows Explorer not responding for a few seconds

Hi,

Windows 10 Pro 20H2, all up to date.

The PC freezes from time to time, for a few seconds or more. Mouse can move but click won't have effect. Key stroke will be accepted but not displayed until it unfreeze.

I started to have Task manager running on the side so I can see what is going on. During the freeze, it's Windows Explorer taking about 10-20% CPU so 1-2 cores out of 8 and some of process will show as suspended suspension appears to be normal as it happens when PC not freezing. As soon as Windows Explorer is no longer shown as not responding, mouse and keyboard is responsive again.

Typical check via SFC and DISM are done. Chkdsk as well.

Any way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

:)

redhonker, Jan 27, 2021

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 27, 2021
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer not responding for a few seconds - Similar Threads - Explorer responding few

2. Windows 11 explorer crashing every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 explorer crashing every few seconds: Working on my computer all day and suddenly late afternoon explorer started crashing every few seconds - just constant crash-then-reload. I did the usual things - checked for new updates none, I'm current, rolled back recent updates, uninstalled display adapter drivers, ran...
  3. Windows 11 explorer crashing every few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 explorer crashing every few seconds: Working on my computer all day and suddenly late afternoon explorer started crashing every few seconds - just constant crash-then-reload. I did the usual things - checked for new updates none, I'm current, rolled back recent updates, uninstalled display adapter drivers, ran...
  4. File explorer crash after few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crash after few seconds: I have Windows 11 and my explorer crashes when you open it. It will last for just a couple of seconds then does nothing. I cant explore my files and I dont have an idea what cause of it. I need help on this....
  5. File explorer crash after few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer crash after few seconds: I have Windows 11 and my explorer crashes when you open it. It will last for just a couple of seconds then does nothing. I cant explore my files and I dont have an idea what cause of it. I need help on this....
  6. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting: Hi, I'm so desperate, I tried so many fixes and can't get it fixed. So I send my PC either to sleep mode with a couple of Chrome Tabs or I just left it running. When I returned a couple of hours later the task bar and all the icons on the desktop kept flickering Explorer...
  7. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds: Hello, I have a problem with my pc, im running windows 10 pro, today it started to crash every frew seconds, when i open a window in explorer, it suddenly crashes.I checked on event viewer and the following errors prompted:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version:...
  8. Windows Explorer Keeps restarting for few seconds second randomly on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Keeps restarting for few seconds second randomly on my Laptop: Hello,this started happening randomly and I have no idea how to fix it permanently. So basically it goes black but my cursor is still on the screen, it mostly happens whenever I switch tabs/programs or opening programs. EDIT: Also happens randomly What I have done: sfc...
  9. Icons in windows explorer disappear within a few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons in windows explorer disappear within a few seconds: Hello, have windows 10. My Windows Explorer was showing the icons and folders properly until recently. Windows Explorer suddenly stopped showing the icons and folders and shows empty boxes. I tried unchecking the box that says "always show icons never thumbnails" in the...
  10. Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear.: Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear. It will not stay up long enough to change settings. I tried to restore to an earlier time and it said I probably had a firewall. I disabled it and tried again and it said the same thing. I have Windows 10...