Windows 10: Windows explorer not responding very high cpu usage with no other processes running problem

Discus and support Windows explorer not responding very high cpu usage with no other processes running problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Odd problem on a brand new HP Scpectre running Windows 10, recently started doing this while trying to open office files that are very small, not even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by XGabriel, Jan 24, 2019.

1. XGabriel Win User

Windows explorer not responding very high cpu usage with no other processes running problem

Odd problem on a brand new HP Scpectre running Windows 10, recently started doing this while trying to open office files that are very small, not even a 1mb, there has to be a fix for this, I've done all updates and still with this annoying problem! Help pls

:)

XGabriel, Jan 24, 2019
  2. ajs007 Win User

Windows Explorer high CPU usage as Apps or Background Process...

3May2018...

Running Windows10 Home Ver 1709 latest OS Build on

Intel Core i5 CPU @ 3.8GHz.

Recently Windows Explorer has been running at high CPU usage 45% to 50%

Even when I am not using File Explorer - Windows Explorer runs as a Background Process as same high CPU usage...

First when will Microsoft stick to the new name File Explorer - instead of showing Windows Explorer as the app in the Task Manager...confusing :-(

Two - I saw someone else with the same problem and a ridiculous multi step cumbersome solution of creating another account (where Windows Explorer did not have high CPU) and then a painful exercise of trying to migrate all applications and files from one
    account to the other.

Apparently the original user account may have had a corruption....

Are there any simpler explanations out there on how to fix run away Windows(File) Explorer???

ajs007, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Windows explorer not responding very high cpu usage with no other processes running problem

High CPU Usage after last update

Hello,

To fix high CPU usage issue, please refer these steps:

Try to identify the process creating this issue.

Download Process Explorer from Microsoft:

Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals

Run the tool then select the system process, right-click and select Properties.

Switch to the Threads tab. This will show which file is using the excessive CPU usage, from which you can then attempt to diagnose it.

Also refer: [FIX] Windows 10 High CPU Usage Problem

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows explorer not responding very high cpu usage with no other processes running problem

1. Windows explorer not responding very high cpu usage with no other processes running problem - Similar Threads - explorer responding very

2. Windows 11 Pro - appmodel process very high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro - appmodel process very high CPU usage: I noticed a consistent high CPU usage that last for up to a minute whenever I start fallout shelter from steam. I have also noticed other times when I am not able to start the task manager when I see some app like Visual Studio not responding. I ran all standard...
  3. Windows 11 Pro - appmodel process very high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro - appmodel process very high CPU usage: I noticed a consistent high CPU usage that last for up to a minute whenever I start fallout shelter from steam. I have also noticed other times when I am not able to start the task manager when I see some app like Visual Studio not responding. I ran all standard...
  4. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  5. Windows explorer not responding very high cpu usage with no other processes running problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer not responding very high cpu usage with no other processes running problem: There was a thread for this in 2019, but it is closed. None of the solutions there helped me. I have been looking, on and off, for a solution for months. I finally came on this...
  6. Windows explorer not responding very high cpu usage with no other processes running problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer not responding very high cpu usage with no other processes running problem: There was a thread for this in 2019, but it is closed. None of the solutions there helped me. I have been looking, on and off, for a solution for months. I finally came on this...
  7. Ram and CPU usage is very high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram and CPU usage is very high: Task Manager shows that My account is using 2GB while in Performance Tab Its telling me I'm Using 9GB of 12GB Please help. I tried restarting but it never works. While the CPU usage is DOUBLED, I use 20% it tells me im using 40% im using 50% it tells me 100% and crashes all...
  8. Cpu usage very high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cpu usage very high: My computer is fairly new, 16 gb of ram, decent computer overall, however I can barely run any game or even go on the internet because my cpu and disk usage will go from 5% to 100% in an instant and I have no idea why. I have tried everything i can possibly find on the...
  9. Very high CPU usage (processes not adding up)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very high CPU usage (processes not adding up): This morning, I was playing Minecraft, and I noticed my computer fan suddenly getting higher in pitch. I went into Task Manager and noticed that the CPU usage was always above 70%, but there were no processes using more than 10% (Normally the game uses about 30-40%, but I had...
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 explorer high cpu usage not responding

2. windows explorer high cpu not responding