Windows 10: WIndows explorer not responding

Discus and support WIndows explorer not responding in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I boot up my laptop in the morning, and I open "This PC" for the first time and click on search, it doesn't show up any recent search list and,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArabindaPal1, Feb 27, 2021.

1. WIndows explorer not responding

When I boot up my laptop in the morning, and I open "This PC" for the first time and click on search, it doesn't show up any recent search list and, also search doesn't work. But, I can open any disk and files for that time. And, then whenever, I click on close button of "This PC" for that time, it becomes not responding. For making it to work again, I have to go to task manager and there it shows "windows explorer not responding" and click on restart. After that, I can do all my searches in "This PC" throughout my day. And, sometimes it recurs again after a hour or, so. And, always this happens everyday when booting my laptop for first time. Please help me in this regard.

:)

ArabindaPal1, Feb 27, 2021

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 27, 2021
  4. hellrazor Win User

WIndows explorer not responding

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

WIndows explorer not responding

1. WIndows explorer not responding - Similar Threads - explorer responding

2. Top portion of file explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Top portion of file explorer not responding: I open file explorer and everything works fine. Then I navigate to a folder and open a file and it will works correctly. Open a file, example and excel spreadsheet. When I skip back to file explorer, none of the buttons at the top work. File, home, share and view buttons....
  3. File Explorer Crashing and Not Responding

File Explorer Crashing and Not Responding: It's been 2 days since my File Explorer started to create problems. Sometimes whenever I try to rename or delete a file, File Explorer stops responding and crashes. If I try to move that file then it would be stuck at calculating but copying it works fine. Please provide me...
  4. Why File Explorer stops responding whenever I click on a word or excel file ?

Why File Explorer stops responding whenever I click on a word or excel file ?: I am simply trying to open one of my Microsoft Word documents within the "Documents" folder, but whenever I just select the file, instantly, the "File Explorer" stops responding. This doesn't happen only for word files, but this problem takes place for excel files too. To...
  5. File Explorer stops responding when i select/try to open/right click .exe Files.

File Explorer stops responding when i select/try to open/right click .exe Files.: Hello, recently when i try to select/right click/try to open .exe files the Windows loading cursor appears and windows explorer stops responding, sometimes i can just close it by hovering over explorer and press the X and close it, sometimes i have to open taskmgr and end...
  6. Files explorer not responding when i interact with files

Files explorer not responding when i interact with files: I was downloading files for work as usual, went to extract the zip file but the second i clicked on it the entire files explorer just stops responding and hits me with the blue circle. It takes far too long and i end the task with task manager. After that my whole desktop...
  7. file explorer {not responding] more often than not

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer {not responding] more often than not: On or about January 22, 2021 there was an updated that required a restart. The next file explorer started periodically locking up... If I run as administrator I can manipulate my files with no problem, but in average Joe user mode sometimes I can rename my records and other...
  8. Windows Explorer not responding for a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer not responding for a few seconds: Hi, Windows 10 Pro 20H2, all up to date. The PC freezes from time to time, for a few seconds or more. Mouse can move but click won't have effect. Key stroke will be accepted but not displayed until it unfreeze. I started to have Task manager running on the side so I...
  9. Windows 10 Explorer is not responding for downloads folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Explorer is not responding for downloads folder: Yesterday suddenly Windows Explorer stopped working for the Downloads folder. Clicking on it just gives the Not responding message forever. Tried the solution of restarting Windows Explorer, then restarting the computer; did this repeatedly. I can still access the contents...
  10. File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file

File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file: I am unable to open any Office files from File Explorer. I can open them if I am within the applications itself, but not directly from the explorer. I am able to open non-Office related files such as Adobe PDFs, etc.. When I do try to open an office file it will show "not...