Windows 10: Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents

Discus and support Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,Recently Windows Explorer stopped finding .docx files when I search for a specific word. I know that these files contain the words that I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by I O'Connor, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents

Hi all,Recently Windows Explorer stopped finding .docx files when I search for a specific word. I know that these files contain the words that I am searching for, and I have tried lots of things:"Search in file contents" is enabled.docx files are set to have names and contents indexedI've tried rebuilding the indexI tested the search on other file types, and it returns results for seemingly everything except .docx filesI tried upgrading to Windows 11 to see if this would fix the issue, but it did notI would really appreciate any suggestions, as being able to search file contents is very import

:)

I O'Connor, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents

1. Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents - Similar Threads - Explorer searching docx

2. File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...: Hi, I discovered after the last Windows update on Jan 9, 2024, that I could no longer find all the file contents of a specific word. I use this all the time to find previous files for information I want. I search for online solutions and finally, I found a solution that...
  3. File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...: Hi, I discovered after the last Windows update on Jan 9, 2024, that I could no longer find all the file contents of a specific word. I use this all the time to find previous files for information I want. I search for online solutions and finally, I found a solution that...
  4. File Explorer Search not working for .docx files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search not working for .docx files: I am a Windows 11 user. When I search for a word in File Explorer, unless the word is in a filename, the search results do not return the appropriate .docx files. The search results do return pdf, xls, txt, and Microsoft Word 97 - 2003 documents. I have tried a bunch of...
  5. File Explorer Search not working for .docx files

File Explorer Search not working for .docx files: I am a Windows 11 user. When I search for a word in File Explorer, unless the word is in a filename, the search results do not return the appropriate .docx files. The search results do return pdf, xls, txt, and Microsoft Word 97 - 2003 documents. I have tried a bunch of...
  6. File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...: Hello! I recently bought a new Win11 HP tower Version 21H2, Build 22000.527 and have spent over a month getting all the software, including Microsoft 365, onto it. Before loading half a terabyte of documents onto it, I decided to test searching on it first and I'm glad I...
  7. File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...

File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...: Hello! I recently bought a new Win11 HP tower Version 21H2, Build 22000.527 and have spent over a month getting all the software, including Microsoft 365, onto it. Before loading half a terabyte of documents onto it, I decided to test searching on it first and I'm glad I...
  8. Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents: Hi all,Recently Windows Explorer stopped finding .docx files when I search for a specific word. I know that these files contain the words that I am searching for, and I have tried lots of things:"Search in file contents" is enabled.docx files are set to have names and...
  9. Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents: Hi all,Recently Windows Explorer stopped finding .docx files when I search for a specific word. I know that these files contain the words that I am searching for, and I have tried lots of things:"Search in file contents" is enabled.docx files are set to have names and...
  10. Windows Explorer - search file contents?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer - search file contents?: I hate to point out something Mac does better, but... when I do a regular system search for a string, like "Events data updates every 2 mintues.\nSeconds since last" OS X will pull up every file with that exact string in its contents. When I try to search something like that...