Windows 10: Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...?

Discus and support Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a program that changes meta data in MP3 files. I use it to change certain fields, and it works. However, afterwards when I right click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bansaw, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Bansaw Win User

Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...?

I have a program that changes meta data in MP3 files. I use it to change certain fields, and it works.

However, afterwards when I right click the the MP3 file and choose Properties->Details, it shows no change. But when I open the same MP3 file in an audio program (eg. Audacity) and look at the tags, it shows the change has been made. Is this a bug in Windows?
    (This happens on a few PCs, not just one. And I did run sfc /scannow)

:)

Bansaw, Oct 30, 2017

2. Lumia 650: How to add a ringtone MP3

Hi,

I finally found a solution :

Just make sure the mp3 file has its meta tags ALL ERASED using any meta tag editor.

Finally place the file in the RINGTONE folder.

It works very well with my Lumia 650

Hope this helps

Keali Tutairi, Oct 30, 2017
  3. CoverArt in WAV audio files

Hello Dave thanks for the answer.

I found a program called mp3tag witch allow you to store meta data like mp3.

All meta tags appears in folders, only cover art seem to have problem.

I hope in the near feature windows team will make this tiny thing...

Kostas Par., Oct 30, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, works for me- e.g. deleting album name in mp3tag, then viewing that via properties, the album name had vanished as expected.

However, I have a program called File Metadata
    File Metadata - Home

Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...? [​IMG]

which amongst other things enables Properties to do more for more file types:

Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...? [​IMG]

dalchina, Oct 30, 2017
  5. Bansaw Win User
    Thanks, can that do batch converts ?

Bansaw, Oct 30, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    No, if you read the script it basically patches in on top of remanant features code which MS withdrew to restore features, and adds fields you can edit in file explorer's details pane and properties.

File Metadata - Home

It's not a convertor or anything like that.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...? - Similar Threads - Explorer showing change

2. Windows explorer crashes searching meta tags on image files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer crashes searching meta tags on image files: Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 LTSC VMware VM. 4 virtual cores 12GB RAM 15+GB free disk space We have a number of graphic designers that work within our VMware system and with the recent upgrade from 1809 to 21H2 LTSC we're encountering an issue we didn't experience previously....
  3. Windows explorer crashes searching meta tags on image files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer crashes searching meta tags on image files: Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 LTSC VMware VM. 4 virtual cores 12GB RAM 15+GB free disk space We have a number of graphic designers that work within our VMware system and with the recent upgrade from 1809 to 21H2 LTSC we're encountering an issue we didn't experience previously....
  4. Windows explorer crashes searching meta tags on image files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I can't change the tags of mp3 files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the tags of mp3 files.: Up to a point everything was fine, and then I suddenly couldn't change anything. I did a clean boot, but it didn't change anything, and then I installed Mp3tag, which let me edit the properties of the file but as a result the file became unplayable....
  6. File Explorer: Issues with meta data

File Explorer: Issues with meta data: Hi I am tagging all my photos right now. I am struggling with problems in File Explorer, when using multiple tags in combination with the search. Issue 1 detail pane: Without search, all tags are listed: [ATTACH] With search, only a few tags are listed:...
  7. Mp3 files tag is not showing in windows explorer

Mp3 files tag is not showing in windows explorer: hi. I use win 10 N and windows don"t show mp3 tag in windows explorer. I download this file: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356 x x but I receive error : The update in not applicable to your computer. How I can fix this problem...
  8. File Explorer Properties Details tab not showing all attributes of video meta data/tags

File Explorer Properties Details tab not showing all attributes of video meta data/tags: I am on HP Pavilion x360 with windows 10 1903. I have observed that details tab of file properties in windows explorer shows all attributes of mp4 files like artists, director, year etc. while for mkv files it just shows director, producer and missing other attributes such...
  9. Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer: I'm having a trouble while I try to edit mp3 tags from windows explorer... I don't know why I can't now, I reinstalled windows but I've always was able to edit things such as album or even give the song 5 stars. [ATTACH] That's how how it should be seen, but it doesn't...
  10. FLV with meta data fix to MP3 batch convert?

in Windows 10 Support
    FLV with meta data fix to MP3 batch convert?: It's me again Margret...aheh aheh.... LOL Anyway I am using FLV/Media utility and MediaHuman Converter to trans code my FLV local talk radio stream recordings to MP3 sometimes the header or meta data is a bit whack so MediaHuman can not convert them neither can media...