Windows 10: Windows explorer not showing contents of my local Onedrive folder

Discus and support Windows explorer not showing contents of my local Onedrive folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I saved 2 files 1 PPT, 1 xlsx to a folder that's synced with Onedrive. When I look for them with Windows Explorer, they don't show up. I double-checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by h_wang_02, Apr 24, 2020.

1. h_wang_02 Win User

Windows explorer not showing contents of my local Onedrive folder

I saved 2 files 1 PPT, 1 xlsx to a folder that's synced with Onedrive. When I look for them with Windows Explorer, they don't show up. I double-checked them in Powerpoint and Excel, and confirmed that I indeed saved them to the right folder, but I simply couldn't see them from explorer!

After a while I realized that I wasn't logged into Onedrive. The files finally showed up on explorer after I logged in.

So this is totally **** backwards. Why is the explorer not seeing what's sitting on my local hard drive, if I don't sync it up with Onedrive?

:)

h_wang_02, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Apr 24, 2020
  3. JorgenJ Win User
    How to show local (not OneDrive) folders in Explorer after Anniversary

Hi!
    Just upgraded to Anniversary Update. Now I am having trouble seeing my local (not OneDrive) Pictures and Documents folders in Explorer. Under "This PC" I can see locals folders for "Desktop", "Downloads", "Music" etc., but for "Documents" and "Pictures" I can only see the corresponding OneDrive folders (the "Documents" and "Pictures" icons show the little green checkmark).

Windows explorer not showing contents of my local Onedrive folder [​IMG]

How do I change this behaviour so that I see my locals ("Documents" and "Pictures") folders under "This PC" (like "C:\Users\XXXX\Documents")?

I have managed to change the default save locations to the local folders (works OK):
    - under OneDrive | Settings | AutoSave | Documents and Pictures > "This PC only
    and
    - Settings | System | Storage | Save Locations | New documents will save to: "This PC (C: )

Best regards

JorgenJ, Apr 24, 2020
  4. BobS_29 Win User

How to show local (not OneDrive) folders in Explorer after Anniversary Update

I fixed my issue with this today. My problem was where the Documents and Pictures under This PC were pointing to a local Onedrive folder that was non-existent as I had removed one drive(I hated the way it was making it confusing to keep local and onedrive
    folders.

Anyways, on the early part of this thread the directions to edit the registry:

BobS_29, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows explorer not showing contents of my local Onedrive folder - Similar Threads - explorer showing contents

2. Onedrive has emptied my local folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive has emptied my local folders: Help! Onedrive has emptied my local folders under ThisPC/WindowsC:/Users/myname/Documents How do I get them back? I wanted to use Onedrive as a cloud backup for my local data. But now it's all moved and not in my folders.How do I get things back in order? How do I prevent...
  3. Onedrive local folder issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive local folder issues: Hi,I can't get the OneDrive local folder to appear in my explorer tree, and no sync is available.The only way to access it through the OneDrive app that opens like some sort of window and did not have much of functionality incorporated... basically I see and download or...
  4. Onedrive local folder issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive local folder issues: Hi,I can't get the OneDrive local folder to appear in my explorer tree, and no sync is available.The only way to access it through the OneDrive app that opens like some sort of window and did not have much of functionality incorporated... basically I see and download or...
  5. file explorer changing to local content only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer changing to local content only: File Explorer losing access to Files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-changing-to-local-content-only/7e77a5d7-2a9e-422c-a187-7baaaff9c208
  6. file explorer changing to local content only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer changing to local content only: File Explorer losing access to Files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-changing-to-local-content-only/7e77a5d7-2a9e-422c-a187-7baaaff9c208
  7. Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC?: Hi folks, I'm most likely being idiotic but, I've just picked up a Zephyrus g14 to replace my Dell XPS 15. I did have another XPS delivered but it arrived wet and despite booting up, bricked after just 24 hours, Dell's aftercare service was appalling and so I decided to...
  8. onedrive in explorer only show vault folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive in explorer only show vault folder: when i open explorer and click on the onedrive icon it only shows the vault icon, where have all my onedrive files gone, i know that they are still in one drive because when i open onedrive in a browser i see them. Is this a simple sync issue, is this a more complex over ride...
  9. How to show local (not OneDrive) folders in Explorer after Anniversary

in Windows 10 Support
    How to show local (not OneDrive) folders in Explorer after Anniversary: Hi! Just upgraded to Anniversary Update. Now I am having trouble seeing my local (not OneDrive) Pictures and Documents folders in Explorer. Under "This PC" I can see locals folders for "Desktop", "Downloads", "Music" etc., but for "Documents" and "Pictures" I can only see...
  10. Windows not showing folder contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows not showing folder contents: I recently bought a new PC with W10 installed and all seems to have gone smoothly with transferring files etc from my old PC to the new machine. I ran Duplicate Cleaner before the transfer and again afterwards as it was obvious there were some folders that had not been picked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive files not showing on this pc

2. windows file explorer does not show local drives

3. expplorer folders on my pc do not show up in onedrive