Windows 10: Windows explorer not working, corrupted, or something

Discus and support Windows explorer not working, corrupted, or something in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi whoever that have an answer, I just now find my Windows 10 file explorer now working properly. The start button on the taskbar and keyboard do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GaryWong1, Apr 17, 2020.

1. GaryWong1 Win User

Windows explorer not working, corrupted, or something

Hi whoever that have an answer,

I just now find my Windows 10 file explorer now working properly. The start button on the taskbar and keyboard do not bring the start menu up, I can't right click on any icon on the taskbar, and the search function on the top right corner of a folder is not working.

Yesterday I have updated windows and change my SSD setting which is where the windows is at because it was always read-only so I am not entirely sure what is causing the issue.

Have done restarting explorer, sfc scan and DISM scan, nothing came out of them.

Thanks for reply,

GW

:)

GaryWong1, Apr 17, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 23, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, May 23, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows explorer not working, corrupted, or something - Similar Threads - explorer working corrupted

2. DISM found something corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM found something corrupted: I kept getting the error 0x800f0831 so i tried to fix it using a DISM command, and I found out that something is corrupted, How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-found-something-corrupted/d3cf072a-76f8-4dfe-a9e7-9fd2f8adced6
  3. DISM found something corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM found something corrupted: I kept getting the error 0x800f0831 so i tried to fix it using a DISM command, and I found out that something is corrupted, How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-found-something-corrupted/d3cf072a-76f8-4dfe-a9e7-9fd2f8adced6
  4. DISM found something corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Explorer & Start Menu not working, possibly corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer & Start Menu not working, possibly corrupted: Device / SystemDetailsWindows 11 OS Build 22621.963Dell Inspiron 16 7610IssueI turned on laptop last night and found that there was an empty white bar where the start menu should be ad the windows key on the keyboard did nothing.Initially, looking at Task Manager, the Windows...
  6. Windows Explorer & Start Menu not working, possibly corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer & Start Menu not working, possibly corrupted: Device / SystemDetailsWindows 11 OS Build 22621.963Dell Inspiron 16 7610IssueI turned on laptop last night and found that there was an empty white bar where the start menu should be ad the windows key on the keyboard did nothing.Initially, looking at Task Manager, the Windows...
  7. Windows Corrupted or something. Need Urgent Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Corrupted or something. Need Urgent Help: Hi, I was facing a problem with windows update earlier. And it was not opening in the settings app. So I looked for a solution on google. And in a video on Youtube, after a couple of solutions, it instructed to write the following command in Power Shell Admin-...
  8. I think something is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think something is corrupted: I turned on my computer this morning and everything was laggy, so I restarted it a couple times and it eventually just killed itself. I've been stuck in the options menu all day now, no command will work (even the scannow one to fix corrupted files), restarting the computer...
  9. Computer Corrupt Or Something

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Corrupt Or Something: My computer will not reinstall windows 10 when I ask it to refresh. It always says no changes were made. Also recently the icons on desktop and taskbar don't show up when the computer starts for a long time. I've tried cmd scannow stuff and nothing happens. I've also tried...
  10. Corrupt files or something else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupt files or something else?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/keyzeyy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e8p9e3/corrupt_files_or_something_else/