Windows 10: Windows explorer not working

Discus and support Windows explorer not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am unable to launch Windows explorer to open files. I am using windows 10 on DELL lnspiron 15 Laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DrSandeepChatterjee, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Windows explorer not working

I am unable to launch Windows explorer to open files.

I am using windows 10 on DELL lnspiron 15 Laptop.

:)

DrSandeepChatterjee, Aug 3, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 3, 2020
  4. mixa Win User

Windows explorer not working

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows explorer not working wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows explorer not working

1. Windows explorer not working - Similar Threads - explorer working

2. Windows 11 multiple versions including the latest and greatest 23H2 Explorer extract works...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 multiple versions including the latest and greatest 23H2 Explorer extract works...: We have multiple computers with this problem and plenty that do not. The same file that does not work on the computers that are bad will work on another that is good, so it's not the zip file itself. I have ran DISM and SFC scans and that didn't work. When I go into Task...
  3. Windows 11 multiple versions including the latest and greatest 23H2 Explorer extract works...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 multiple versions including the latest and greatest 23H2 Explorer extract works...: We have multiple computers with this problem and plenty that do not. The same file that does not work on the computers that are bad will work on another that is good, so it's not the zip file itself. I have ran DISM and SFC scans and that didn't work. When I go into Task...
  4. File Explorer not working for Windows 10 admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer not working for Windows 10 admin account: A family member’s Windows 10 22H2 Dell Latitude 7280 laptop refuses to start File Explorer, both from command prompt and on Windows startup for any administrator account, causing the desktop to be just a black screen from which I can launch any program except for File...
  5. File Explorer not working for Windows 10 admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not working for Windows 10 admin account: A family member’s Windows 10 22H2 Dell Latitude 7280 laptop refuses to start File Explorer, both from command prompt and on Windows startup for any administrator account, causing the desktop to be just a black screen from which I can launch any program except for File...
  6. File Explorer not working for Windows 10 admin account

7. Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11: This issue is not seen on Windows 10. but found on Windows 11, File Explorer did not jump to upper level folder when I press Alt+Arrow after swiching back via Alt+Tab.I use Ctrl + L to "sellect all" the current folder path, press Ctrl+C to copy it and I DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY...
  8. Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11

Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11: This issue is not seen on Windows 10. but found on Windows 11, File Explorer did not jump to upper level folder when I press Alt+Arrow after swiching back via Alt+Tab.I use Ctrl + L to "sellect all" the current folder path, press Ctrl+C to copy it and I DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY...
  9. Windows Explorer and Update not working properly Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer and Update not working properly Windows 11: Since i upgraded my Laptop MSI GL73 95D to Windows 11 I have a problem with my Windows Updates. Whenever I try to perform an update it tells me that there was an error and the changes will be reverted.I left it at that for some time about 1 Week.And Today 06.03.2024 i tried...
  10. Windows Explorer and Update not working properly Windows 11

Windows Explorer and Update not working properly Windows 11: Since i upgraded my Laptop MSI GL73 95D to Windows 11 I have a problem with my Windows Updates. Whenever I try to perform an update it tells me that there was an error and the changes will be reverted.I left it at that for some time about 1 Week.And Today 06.03.2024 i tried...