Windows 10: Windows Explorer notification tray icon disabled and cant get it back.

Discus and support Windows Explorer notification tray icon disabled and cant get it back. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So pretty simple issue, hoping for a simple solution. Win10 home ver. 10.0.19042 Build 19042 on a Lenovo yoga 7i Backstory: Oculus quest 2 was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ian_Am_I, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer notification tray icon disabled and cant get it back.

So pretty simple issue, hoping for a simple solution. Win10 home ver. 10.0.19042 Build 19042 on a Lenovo yoga 7i

Backstory: Oculus quest 2 was charging over night while plugged into the laptop. I assume windows keeps waking up periodically for whatever reason when its asleep to checks connections and so forth(please illuminate this system process for me if you can) . When it wakes and checks connections, the OQ2 being asleep sends back a response summing up that the device is not functioning. I woke to more notification trickling into my action center than I care to count, causing banners, and dings galore for over an hr.

I fixed the symptom and not the problem by disabling the windows explorer notification in system settings. I cant replicate the issue to prompt windows explorer to appear in settings for notifications because it only seem to show only the active notifications....kinda seems like a stupid approach. I dont have any critical notifications I'm expecting but it would be good to know it was functioning as it should.

Yes I have repeatedly searched and attempted multiple possible solution but no success. So now Im here, hoping someone might have a clue.

So please can someone tell me how to reset the notification preferences all together or just the windows explorer?

Also can someone explain why windows kept trying to connect to the OQ2 throughout the night when it was sleeping, and how can I change that setting.

Attempted solutions: I have cleared the icon tray cache, restarted windowsexplorer.exe, and checked the notification setting in system settings.

Thank you ahead of time.

submitted by /u/Ian_Am_I
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ian_Am_I, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Berton Win User

Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons

I'm not great with languages but what I see is right to left of the Notification Area. Mine is left to right:

Windows Explorer notification tray icon disabled and cant get it back. [​IMG]

Some adjustments can be made to what is shown is accomplished by clicking the small up arrow to get the full list. Also right-clicking the Taskbar and choosing Taskbar settings then going to the Notification area can lead to enabling or disabling features on the bar.

Can't say about the clock but that suggests the whole screen may have been rotated or flipped.

Berton, Jan 15, 2021
  3. No OneDrive icon in the notification tray

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check.

• Go to Settings.
      • Select System.
      • Click on Notifications & Actions.
      • Click on Select which icons appear on the task bar.
      • And choose the following icons you wish to keep on task bar.
      • Restart the Computer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Windows Explorer notification tray icon disabled and cant get it back.

Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer notification tray icon disabled and cant get it back.

1. Windows Explorer notification tray icon disabled and cant get it back. - Similar Threads - Explorer notification tray

2. Missing Settings/Notifications icon in tray, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Settings/Notifications icon in tray, Windows 11: Somehow, the icon for Settings/Notifications disappeared from my Tray. It used to appear to the right of the clock-see screenshot. It looked like a small folder from which I could open notifications and settings. Also, how do I get rid of the Security icon that appears with...
  3. Cant use icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant use icons in system tray: I just install application for my work and I dont think it will cause problem at all in my system tray. I cant use the icons I cant click on anything. I tried to uninstall the app but still the issue persists. I dont know what cause of this but no icons are working. I even...
  4. Cant use icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant use icons in system tray: I just install application for my work and I dont think it will cause problem at all in my system tray. I cant use the icons I cant click on anything. I tried to uninstall the app but still the issue persists. I dont know what cause of this but no icons are working. I even...
  5. Cant use icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. shifting icons in notification tray

shifting icons in notification tray: I have seen this problem all over the internet with no resolution. The icons in the notification area of the taskbar are shifting to the right and left continuously. I have factory reset the computer and done a clean reboot. There are no additional programs installed. All...
  7. Active Defender icon in notification tray?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Active Defender icon in notification tray?: There IS NO Tools menu anywhere. Does anyone know how to set Windows Defender to display its icon in the notification tray? Having a static shortcut icon in the taskbar accomplishes nothing....
  8. How do I get an icon back into the hidden icons tray?

How do I get an icon back into the hidden icons tray?: I accidentally deleted the Bluetooth icon from my hidden icons tray. How do I get it back? I want the link to the "Bluetooth and other devices" settings window, not the Bluetooth on/off toggle option. I know I can click the notifications icon, then right click the Bluetooth...
  9. Defender tray notification icon deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender tray notification icon deleted: Hi, everyone *Biggrin Sorry to bother for small things, by mistake in CCleaner I deleted the startup entry of Defender notification icon. I remember I have seen a reg file here, in this forum but can't find it. *Banghead Could you be nice to help me finding it? I don't...
  10. Tray notification icons not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Tray notification icons not showing: Dell XPS-13 Windows 10 Creators Update The icons I choose to "show" in the tray become hidden at the next bootup or restart. Tray icon settings do not "take". Wiped out next time. The problems with this awful update to Windows 10 are never-ending. Please help. 85913