Windows 10: Windows Explorer only recognizes one keystroke at a time

Discus and support Windows Explorer only recognizes one keystroke at a time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I work in folders that have tons and tons of subfolders. To navigate quickly to subfolders I want to reach, I'll type out the first 3-4 letters of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Edie Adams, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer only recognizes one keystroke at a time

I work in folders that have tons and tons of subfolders. To navigate quickly to subfolders I want to reach, I'll type out the first 3-4 letters of the subfolder so that I don't have to scroll down to it, e.g. if the subfolder starts with the name "Generic" but I don't want to manually scroll all the way to the Gs, I type "Gene" on my keyboard, and it will first jump to subfolders beginning with "G" then "Ge" then "Gen" then "Gene", almost as fast as I'm typing.

Lately, however, it will only process one letter at a time, so if I type "Gene" it will jump to subfolders beginning with "G", show my cursor as a loading icon, then go to subfolders beginning with "E", loading icon, subfolders beginning with "N", loading icon, then subfolders beginning with "E". The weird thing is, it only happens in one specific folder, and only if I'm in Windows Explorer - if I try to navigate using this method when accessing the exact same folder through a program, it works perfectly. It's only happening with one specific folder and its subfolders, and no one else seems to be having this problem.

I am using a work computer that uses a VPN to access our servers, but this has never been a problem before; it just started a couple weeks ago. Any ideas what might have changed?

:)

Edie Adams, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer only recognizes one keystroke at a time

1. Windows Explorer only recognizes one keystroke at a time - Similar Threads - Explorer recognizes keystroke

2. My drawing tablet only recognize one monitor at the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My drawing tablet only recognize one monitor at the time: I bought a Huion Kanvas Pro last month and since then i'm having this problem.If i try to EXTENDED the monitors, the drawing tablet or my notebook will not show the cursor sometimes and NEVER show the programs that were open. I tried to opened on the second monitor but...
  3. My drawing tablet only recognize one monitor at the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My drawing tablet only recognize one monitor at the time: I bought a Huion Kanvas Pro last month and since then i'm having this problem.If i try to EXTENDED the monitors, the drawing tablet or my notebook will not show the cursor sometimes and NEVER show the programs that were open. I tried to opened on the second monitor but...
  4. My drawing tablet only recognize one monitor at the time

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. only recognizing one display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only recognizing one display: the displays work seapratly no mater the displayport they are plugged in on the graphics card. But together only one gets recognizedalwasy the same one, if I only plug in the other it will work if I then add the second and restart it can't detect the first one anymore. Trying...
  6. only recognizing one display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    only recognizing one display: the displays work seapratly no mater the displayport they are plugged in on the graphics card. But together only one gets recognizedalwasy the same one, if I only plug in the other it will work if I then add the second and restart it can't detect the first one anymore. Trying...
  7. only recognizing one display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows only recognizing one audio device

Windows only recognizing one audio device: I've had my Acer laptop for 4 years and had this problem since the beginning, but today another very big problem resurfaced and I feel like the only solution is solving this specific problem.I have the Realtek HD Audio driver and in my sound settings both my playback and...
  9. Windows apps won't recognize keystrokes

in Cortana
    Windows apps won't recognize keystrokes: Hi, When I press the windows key and start typing nothing happens, although its supposed to be starting a search. The same problem occurs when I try to search on windows settings, and when I try to enter a WIFI password. Its like the app wont recognize my keyboard. I...
  10. 2 PC's but only one at a time recognizes the network?

2 PC's but only one at a time recognizes the network?: PC-Guenter-PC and PC-Kitchen are connected with Lan cable to a Fritz.box 7490. When PC-Guenter-PC is switched on, PC-Kitchen does not recognize the network (photo 1). If PC-Guenter-PC is off, PC-Kitchen recognizes the network. (Picture 2) Same the other way around....