Windows 10: Windows Explorer - Only show folders that actually have files

Discus and support Windows Explorer - Only show folders that actually have files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; At my office, when we start a new project we create a project folder and add a predetermined set of sub-folders. However early on we only have a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by atbattson, Jun 10, 2021.

1. atbattson Win User

Windows Explorer - Only show folders that actually have files

At my office, when we start a new project we create a project folder and add a predetermined set of sub-folders. However early on we only have a few files and they only get added to a few of the many folders. Is there a way in explorer to only see folders that actually have files in them? It would save a lot of time when one starts on a new project as you have to sift through folder after folder only to find they are empty.

:)

atbattson, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 10, 2021
  3. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer - Only show folders that actually have files - Similar Threads - Explorer show folders

2. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  3. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  4. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explorer->downloads only showing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer->downloads only showing folders: Recently when i checked my files to delete some stuff to make space for more. I noticed that i couldn't see any of my files other than my folder. I checked if it was to due with the view but wasn't that. I've tried restarting windows explorer but dosen't work. I know i...
  6. File explorer->downloads only showing folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer->downloads only showing folders: Recently when i checked my files to delete some stuff to make space for more. I noticed that i couldn't see any of my files other than my folder. I checked if it was to due with the view but wasn't that. I've tried restarting windows explorer but dosen't work. I know i...
  7. onedrive in explorer only show vault folder

onedrive in explorer only show vault folder: when i open explorer and click on the onedrive icon it only shows the vault icon, where have all my onedrive files gone, i know that they are still in one drive because when i open onedrive in a browser i see them. Is this a simple sync issue, is this a more complex over ride...
  8. Show only MP3 files in File Explorer

Show only MP3 files in File Explorer: Is there a way to make File Explorer only show MP3 files and not include all the album art. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-only-mp3-files-in-file-explorer/1c540234-e2e5-4560-ab97-43206658c134"
  9. File Explorer folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer folders not showing: I am unable to open File Explorer to the normal view (folders/files listed down left side of screen e,g, Libraries; OneDrive; This PC; Local C; Network etc.). All I see is Quick Access. I have restarted my computer and reset File Explorer defaults. I have tried to...
  10. File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders

File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders: My icons disappeared only in (Extra) Large Icons but all of the file and folder icons only appear in medium icon. Ive been trying to solve this by searching through google but it didnt work. The files inside the folder disappeared too.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...