Windows 10: Windows Explorer Open New Window Bug Despite Disabled

Discus and support Windows Explorer Open New Window Bug Despite Disabled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Professional x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.615) Despite being set to 'open each folder in same window', explorer behaving as if it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hAirypAulsAck, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Windows Explorer Open New Window Bug Despite Disabled

Windows 10 Professional x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.615)

Despite being set to 'open each folder in same window', explorer behaving as if it was set to 'open each folder in new window'

Verified in registry that is properly set.

Attempted:

• SFC /SCANNOW
    • Removing QtTabBar (Never had a problem with windows 10)

Windows Explorer Open New Window Bug Despite Disabled [​IMG]

Windows Explorer Open New Window Bug Despite Disabled [​IMG]

:)

hAirypAulsAck, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2019
  3. BigMack70 Win User
    Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Windows Explorer Open New Window Bug Despite Disabled

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer Open New Window Bug Despite Disabled

1. Windows Explorer Open New Window Bug Despite Disabled - Similar Threads - Explorer Open Window

2. Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.: Sometimes when I log into my computer the desktop will kind of flash and reset, as if it’s trying to open a program or something. It makes it unusable until I go into task manager and end the windows explorer task. But once I do that my screen goes black and I can’t do...
  3. Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.: Sometimes when I log into my computer the desktop will kind of flash and reset, as if it’s trying to open a program or something. It makes it unusable until I go into task manager and end the windows explorer task. But once I do that my screen goes black and I can’t do...
  4. Windows 11 Explorer Bug

Windows 11 Explorer Bug: I've just fresh installed Windows 11 several days ago. I've applied all Windows updates until 30 Dec 2022. At first, everything works fine, but as I manage my files and startup apps, I begin to experience an odd bug. Normally I would always show all hidden files including...
  5. Explorer opening new windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer opening new windows: I have the latest version of Windows 11 installed and I am finding that Explorer is behaving in an odd way. When I try to open a drive or folder, it opens in a new instance of Explorer. I have tried to install a repair of Windows and re-installed Windows twice thinking that...
  6. Explorer opening new windows

Explorer opening new windows: I have the latest version of Windows 11 installed and I am finding that Explorer is behaving in an odd way. When I try to open a drive or folder, it opens in a new instance of Explorer. I have tried to install a repair of Windows and re-installed Windows twice thinking that...
  7. Windows Explorer Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Bug: Can someone please help me I have a problem with my windows explorer, whenever I double click on a folder it opens a new windows explorer tab but the problem is, it won't open the folder which I want to open rather it just opens the home window. This happens every time I try...
  8. Windows Explorer Bug

Windows Explorer Bug: Can someone please help me I have a problem with my windows explorer, whenever I double click on a folder it opens a new windows explorer tab but the problem is, it won't open the folder which I want to open rather it just opens the home window. This happens every time I try...
  9. A new Windows bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A new Windows bug: Hey! Whenever I open an app and click the arrow keys on the keyboard, the mouse moves along with the key actions. We need a quick fix to this. It's really frustrating for me!! I will be uploading a screen-recording to show how the bug works. Joe13 B- 2.0...
  10. Windows 10 update bug disables right-click in File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update bug disables right-click in File Explorer: Windows 10 version 1909 (November 2019 Update) is gradually rolling out and several users have already installed the update. November 2019 Update is a small update and it promises better performance but this doesn’t necessarily mean that everything is going smoothly. As we...