Windows 10: Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon

Discus and support Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the last windows 10 Pro 64-bit upgrade about 10 days ago, every time that I click a desktop icon to open an app, windows explorer opens. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David2605, Aug 4, 2020.

1. David2605 Win User

Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon

Since the last windows 10 Pro 64-bit upgrade about 10 days ago, every time that I click a desktop icon to open an app, windows explorer opens. Does anyone know of this problem and how to fix it, ie stop windows explorer opening automatically

:)

David2605, Aug 4, 2020

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon - Similar Threads - explorer opens every

2. Hey, every time I leave Windows Explorer open it not responds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hey, every time I leave Windows Explorer open it not responds: Hey, every time I leave Windows Explorer open in the background for a while, it does not respond, and when restart it, it never finishes and leaves it as is. My start menu doesn't open, taskbar icons won't load along the desktop. Is there a way to fix this problem?...
  3. right click in file explorer crashes every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click in file explorer crashes every time: When ever I right click in File Explorer it crashes and closes windows Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-in-file-explorer-crashes-every-time/670421da-e1ae-4771-9dd5-f70bbdcee6c5
  4. right click in file explorer crashes every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click in file explorer crashes every time: When ever I right click in File Explorer it crashes and closes windows Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-in-file-explorer-crashes-every-time/670421da-e1ae-4771-9dd5-f70bbdcee6c5
  5. Search menu opening every time I click the windows key

in Cortana
    Search menu opening every time I click the windows key: Hey all. I've recently encountered a problem every time I press the windows key. I'm having trouble figuring out how to stop this from happening, as I can't access the regular windows key menu. Help would be much appreciated! -Otis...
  6. DriverAgent is putting a desktop icon every time I open program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DriverAgent is putting a desktop icon every time I open program: I'm having a tiny problem where the DriverAgent.com program is putting a desktop icon whenever I run the program. I delete the previous one and a new one pops up. Is there any way to get this to stop? There is no option to turn it off in the app as far as I can tell. Any help...
  7. Every time I open the start menu by clicking the bottom left Windows icon this is what...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I open the start menu by clicking the bottom left Windows icon this is what...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AngryRaccoon44 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gce61q/every_time_i_open_the_start_menu_by_clicking_the/
  8. In the video every time I click File Explorer, it responds and opens but the window doesn't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In the video every time I click File Explorer, it responds and opens but the window doesn't...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/crankismymankus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ergfvx/in_the_video_every_time_i_click_file_explorer_it/
  9. Every time I try to open a picture by right clicking on it , Windows File Explorer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Every time I try to open a picture by right clicking on it , Windows File Explorer...: Hi. Every time I try to open a picture by right clicking on it, Windows File Explorer crashes/not responds This happens, only when the picture is inside a Folder. My PC runs Windows 10 with the latest updates. Any suggestion/help would be much appreciated. Thanks in...
  10. Explorer opens a new window every time I double-click a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opens a new window every time I double-click a folder: Hello Tenforums! First I'd like you to thank you for all the times you've helped a frusterated little guy with his PC-problems - even thought I never registrered, I've been here quite some times. The problem Anyways, on to the problem. As the title states; every time I...