Windows 10: Windows Explorer opens MSN website

Discus and support Windows Explorer opens MSN website in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I think after one of the accumulative updates Windows Explorer started to open MSN in my default browser. This is very annoying. I've tested my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jerry06, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Jerry06 Win User

Windows Explorer opens MSN website

I think after one of the accumulative updates Windows Explorer started to open MSN in my default browser. This is very annoying.

I've tested my theory by restarting Windows Explorer from the task manager. Of course restarting the computer. Disable Automatic startup of Microsoft OneDrive. I scanned my System with Malwarebytes, nothing was found.

Has anyone seen this or know how to fix the issue.

:)

Jerry06, Sep 21, 2015

2. Unable to Open Favorites

msn explorer and no error codes.can open favorites but not items within. have to go to organize favorites and then can open individual websites

BILLGOODMAN sr., Sep 21, 2015
  3. Computer infected with the virus back yes should replace hard drive new not, my hard drive is still good?

I use other web browsers as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox it the also opens up a new website tab just like when I use chrome browser. That is website MSN

I plugged the USB 3G Huawei into the network have at the it just open out a Huawei network site

times after when I plugged the USB 3G Huawei into the network have at it open out both website Huawei and website MSN ?

Thao Nguyen998, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Windows Explorer opens MSN website [​IMG]

Go into "Internet options" by clicking the gear icon, and where it's red in the window-shot, paste or type the homepage(s) want (you can set it to open as many tab/ sites you wish to have).

Cliff S, Sep 21, 2015
  5. ram1220 Win User
    Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer?

ram1220, Sep 21, 2015
  6. Jerry06 Win User
    Windows Explorer. Thanks for the replies so far

Jerry06, Sep 21, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Oh. I misunderstood and took that for a typo*Redface

Cliff S, Sep 21, 2015
  8. JellyR Win User

I think there's a malware or plugin installed in your computer. Go to control panel then search something about MSN and delete it. Next, restart your computer.

JellyR, Sep 23, 2015
  9. Jerry06 Win User
    Modify this registry key to 0
    HKEY_OCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet\EnableActiveProbing

Jerry06, Oct 26, 2015
  10. Berton Win User
    There should be an L after the first underscore symbol.

A note: the file manager was renamed to File Explorer beginning with Windows 8.

Due to the interaction of various parts of Windows it is quite possible to use either Explorer function with the other one.

Berton, Oct 26, 2015
  11. I think you installed msn toolbar or any plugin so thats why you are facing this issue,you must need to go to setting and remove extra toolbar or plugins.

georgedougless, Oct 26, 2015
  12. I think you installed msn toolbar or any plugin so thats why you are facing this issue,you must need to go to setting and remove extra toolbar or plugins.

georgedougless, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer opens MSN website - Similar Threads - Explorer opens MSN

2. Websites Opening at will

in Windows 10 Customization
    Websites Opening at will: Recently, while I am on any website, if I click anything a new window opens up with a website I didn't request. This has become very regular and is quite irritating. What has changed and can I reverse this?...
  3. MSN Explorer No Long working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN Explorer No Long working?: I recently resubscribed to MSN Premium and I am unable to install it. I've never had this issue before. as far as i know even to a year ago: it installed just fine on windows 7, 8, and 10.Anyone have a solution? anyone having similar issues?...
  4. Auto opening of MSN website every now and then.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto opening of MSN website every now and then.: Hi every now and then with no user interaction my default web browser Chrome opens to the msn home page my home page is googlethis also happens irrespective of the default browser. It is completely random and comes up over whatever I'm currently doing on my computer stopping...
  5. Auto opening of MSN website every now and then.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto opening of MSN website every now and then.: Hi every now and then with no user interaction my default web browser Chrome opens to the msn home page my home page is googlethis also happens irrespective of the default browser. It is completely random and comes up over whatever I'm currently doing on my computer stopping...
  6. Auto opening of MSN website every now and then.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Submitting our website to MSN news

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Submitting our website to MSN news: How to submit our news website to MSN news? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/submitting-our-website-to-msn-news/4ba0af3e-9d53-4f6e-a3ba-87323754d47d
  8. Submitting our website to MSN news

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Submitting our website to MSN news: How to submit our news website to MSN news? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/submitting-our-website-to-msn-news/4ba0af3e-9d53-4f6e-a3ba-87323754d47d
  9. MSN OPENS AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN OPENS AUTOMATICALLY: Hi , When I open my pc and connect to my internet MSN news open automatically sometime not every time approximately 5 days in a week. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-opens-automatically/d35ae572-0553-4629-b86c-942f6e3a3e14
  10. Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer: How to: Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer How to Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...