Windows 10: Windows explorer opens multiple files

Discus and support Windows explorer opens multiple files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, May be a repeated question, but I was wondering, why windows explorer opens multiple files in a strange order? For example, if say, I have four... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mainak_Majumder, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Windows explorer opens multiple files

Hi, May be a repeated question, but I was wondering, why windows explorer opens multiple files in a strange order? For example, if say, I have four files in a folder, named A, C, J, Z and to open them, I select them in this order..A, C, J, Z, then windows will open them in this order, Z, A, C, J. So if I want to open them in this order, A, C, J, Z then I have to select them in this order...C, J, Z, A...Is there any way to fix it?....I have experienced this problem in window XP, windows 7 and windows 10.

:)

Mainak_Majumder, Aug 14, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 14, 2021
  3. xypha Win User
    Open With on multiple files?

you can do this using a workaround by using "Send to" on the right click context menu in Windows File Explorer. Here's how

Step 1 - Add Chrome shortcut to SendTo folder so that chrome may appear in the send to menu.

SendTo folder:%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

This can be done in one of several ways. I will mention one of the easiest below.

• Right-drag the Google Chrome shortcut that was created on the Desktop when Chrome installed, or the Chrome shortcut in the Start menu, to the SendTo folder and select Copy.

Note: Right-click this shortcut, select Properties, and confirm that the Target field contains no command line options, just the path + file name for Chrome.

Step 2: Select the 16 JPGs, right click, go to "Send to" & select "Google Chrome".

That's it. All JPGs will open in Chrome, each in its own tab.

I use this with Firefox, but it should work with Chrome too.

Windows explorer opens multiple files AOrAC.png

Troubleshoot #1

If Google Chrome doesn't appear in the "Send to" menu, try restarting Windows File Explorer from Task Manager.

Troubleshoot #2

If the JPGs open in multiple windows, you might want to consider installing an extension in Chrome to prevent this behaviour. I suggest One Window.

xypha, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Windows explorer opens multiple files

File explorer will not open on windows 10

As a workaround, we suggest that you follow these steps to access windows explorer using the
    Run dialog box. By doing this, we may identify if you can navigate Windows through this method. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the run dialog box.
    • Type explorer and press Enter.

In case your system will allow you to navigate through this process, we recommend that you continue performing the in-place upgrade procedure.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Sher Amo, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows explorer opens multiple files

1. Windows explorer opens multiple files - Similar Threads - explorer opens multiple

2. Renaming multiple files on windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming multiple files on windows file explorer: I would like to know if there’s a way to rename multiple files at once. I’m aware that I can do that by selecting the files, right click, and select rename. However I don’t like how it renames the files. For example if I want to rename the pictures as “1” it will rename the...
  3. Renaming multiple files on windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Renaming multiple files on windows file explorer: I would like to know if there’s a way to rename multiple files at once. I’m aware that I can do that by selecting the files, right click, and select rename. However I don’t like how it renames the files. For example if I want to rename the pictures as “1” it will rename the...
  4. File explorer not opening multiple files at once.

File explorer not opening multiple files at once.: For some reason, when I try to open 45 files at once, it does nothing. Somehow I was able to do this with over 100 files but I forgot how I managed to do that. They all have the same program and same file extension .mesh. It's supposed to open with a converter program....
  5. File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows

File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows: I have done the 'system file checker' scan and have the computer running in 'clean' mode and still Windows 10 seems to continue opening new manifestations of "File Explorer" without prompting. At the moment it is up to four, but it will continue to grow. Is there a fix in...
  6. Multiple File Explorer pages opening every morning.

Multiple File Explorer pages opening every morning.: I recently received an email from a user, saying that every morning when she turns on her pc there will be several tabs of file explorer open. I've never seen an issue like this before and would like to help her out....
  7. Opening multiple windows with Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening multiple windows with Windows Explorer: It seems kinda random to me but mostly when I open a second window it opens on top the the first window, but some times it opens next to the first window. Is there any way that could be made default? 82419
  8. File Explorer multiple windows opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer multiple windows opening: A new glitch has developed in my Win 10 file explorer. Whenever I attempt to select multiple files in a row, in order to move them, no matter how careful I am multiple windows open for each file. As I have over 2000 files to move from one network computer to another this has...
  9. Windows file explorer opening multiple windows, correctly set options

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows file explorer opening multiple windows, correctly set options: If I open file explorer and browse to c then go down 2 folders, another window will pop open and there will be 2 instances of it. If I go to my d drive, it automatically opens a separate window. I have already changed file and folder options to default and to open the same...
  10. Opening multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening multiple files in file explorer: Windows 10. I no longer am able to open more than one jpg file in Photoshop Elements 14 (so maybe this is a PE problem as don't have a problem with Word or Excel files?) If I select more than one it will open every one except the first one selected (usually though seems a bit...