Windows 10: Windows Explorer Peaks and momentarily bricks my PC

Discus and support Windows Explorer Peaks and momentarily bricks my PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So currently I'm running a Ryzen 7 3700X with 32 GB RAM at ~2000 MHz Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite running a ASUS 2060 and my machine will periodically be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by em0puncher, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer Peaks and momentarily bricks my PC

So currently I'm running a Ryzen 7 3700X with 32 GB RAM at ~2000 MHz Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite running a ASUS 2060 and my machine will periodically be bricked by windows explorer seemingly taking up all my compute resources. This goes away when I close windows explorer through the task manager and immediately comes back again when I reload explorer. I've tried changing accounts I've looked for invisible shortcuts and I've messed around in the registry a little very very little because I didn't want to risk busting the registry literally nothing works to fix the problem. I've been dealing with this silliness since this windows install was on different hardware and there's seemingly nothing I can do.

Please help.

:)

em0puncher, Sep 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Sep 30, 2020
  4. mixa Win User

Windows Explorer Peaks and momentarily bricks my PC

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows Explorer Peaks and momentarily bricks my PC wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

Windows Explorer Peaks and momentarily bricks my PC

1. Windows Explorer Peaks and momentarily bricks my PC - Similar Threads - Explorer Peaks momentarily

2. Is my PC bricked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my PC bricked?: Hi I’m running Win10 on my hp laptop. I’ve had since 2019 It recently updated but the update caused problems. Crashes, unplayable video etc. I went to restore the system to before the update but forgot to plug in the computer and system restore failed due to battery death....
  3. Is my PC bricked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my PC bricked?: Hi I’m running Win10 on my hp laptop. I’ve had since 2019 It recently updated but the update caused problems. Crashes, unplayable video etc. I went to restore the system to before the update but forgot to plug in the computer and system restore failed due to battery death....
  4. Is my PC bricked?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 bricked my PC: Thats pretty much it. My computer won’t even POST anymore after I upgraded from windows 10.What the heck Microsoft?!Specifications:Intel i5-10400fAsus h510m-e motherboardRtx 2060Corsair lpx 2x8 ram...
  6. Windows 11 bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 bricked my PC: Thats pretty much it. My computer won’t even POST anymore after I upgraded from windows 10.What the heck Microsoft?!Specifications:Intel i5-10400fAsus h510m-e motherboardRtx 2060Corsair lpx 2x8 ram...
  7. Is my PC bricked?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is my PC bricked?: So... I wanted to reset my PC, because I was going to sell it, and I decided to reset to factory settings. During the process, the power cut out, after power came back, I turned the PC on, and it kept showing that nothing was reset. After restarting, I tried to reset once...
  8. Windows PC Bricked

Windows PC Bricked: Recently I ran a executable file, which had malware in it, it corrupted all my windows files, and deactivated my windows license, i'm not sure on what to do, I have tried SFC /scannow, and some other fixes, but it simply did not work, if anyone could drop some suggestions it...
  9. Window's update bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window's update bricked my PC: My PC updated last night. Turned it on today and it fails to boot windows and i get the beep code for a keyboard error. I removed the keyboard and checked for bent pins but the problem persisted. Can't help but think it was the update. 142025
  10. Windows 10 update bricked my pc

Windows 10 update bricked my pc: Since the last windows patch, every time i download it and update it and restart my pc it bricks my pc and the update doesnt go through. i already reset my pc twice and wiped everything and did a complete reboot; everything worked fine in the beginning until i dowloaded the...