Windows 10: Windows Explorer/Photos program question

Discus and support Windows Explorer/Photos program question in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the photos on my laptop sorted into various file folders based on content. I have noticed that if I copy files into a New Folder I can open a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Slaybox., Apr 17, 2020.

1. Slaybox. Win User

Windows Explorer/Photos program question

I have the photos on my laptop sorted into various file folders based on content. I have noticed that if I copy files into a New Folder I can open a photo in the Photos program and the I can use the arrow to advance to the next picture in the folder. However, if I rename that same folder and open a photo in Photos I do not have the ability to cycle to the next photo. It is as though there no more photos in the folder. Although, if I click on the "See all Photos" button in the top left corner of the program and then go to Folders>The folder I just changed the name of I can then open one of the phones into full view and cycle between photos in the folder. Then if I return to the same open folder in windows explorer I have regained the ability to open a photo in Photos and cycle through all the photos in the folder. My question is, Is this a permissions issue, an issue with the Photos program, or just an odd glitch in operating system itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope I was clear :

:)

Slaybox., Apr 17, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 - defaul photo program

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As I understand that you are not able to see Photo Explosion in the list of default programs, I would suggest you to follow few steps to set Photo Explosion as your default program.

• In the search bar type Default programs and press enter

• Click on associate a file type or protocol with a program

• Select the file type which you want to associate with the photo Explosion.

• After selecting click on change programs

• Check whether you are able to see Photo Explosion in the list.
    Hope this information is useful. Do get back to us for further assistance.

Arul_D, Apr 17, 2020
  3. CargoX Win User
    Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, Apr 17, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Windows Explorer/Photos program question :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer/Photos program question - Similar Threads - Explorer Photos program

2. Photos Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos Question: Organizing my photos on my laptop, from my devices, now my laptops running super slow. Eventually I realize that I’m getting copies in my Photos app, AND in the files where I’m organizing them Since I don’t use the Photos app I figured I’d delete the pictures there........ I...
  3. Explorer++ Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer++ Question: Came across Explorer++ software here where it was included in a build of a rescue media (Win10XPE). Have just started playing with it on my Windows 10 laptop. The question I have is this. As I explore the various features, views, etc., it would be nice to be able to get back...
  4. Explorer question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer question: Hello, just changed to dark theme of windows on my new laptop and this white line appears in explorer that doesen't appear in my desktop pc any ideas? https://imgur.com/LxGywnL submitted by /u/RealScarLord [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows "Photos" program

Windows "Photos" program: While using Windows Photos program on my Surface Pro it switches into the Paint mode autmatically. I can switch back to edit mode by clicking on the "X" but any movement over the photo causes the program to revert back to paint mode. Trying to move to the next photo in a...
  6. photo program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photo program: Is there a way to change the default settings in the edit mode of Photo. It always defaults the size at "custom" I want them to always default to 4x6 and change the ones I want to be different....
  7. Photo Program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo Program: This is the Second computer (Both new) I have had problems with the Photo Program. My 1st one-6 months old- had a download that messed it up. It would not stay on. (Not the 1st problem caused by mandatory downloads) I called the Handicapped line-and went up to Level 3,where...
  8. Windows photos question

Windows photos question: Alright heres the deal. My laptop has been unused for 2years. Originally bought in 2013 by a buddy. After 2years of no activity i scrubbed the hard drive, encrypted it, installed a copy of windows 10 i found online, used a mac address changer, used a completely different wifi...
  9. Windows Explorer Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer Question: So whenever I want to attach a file to an email for instance and I go to browse thru Windows Explorer, it literally will just sit there "We're Working On It" and it takes a few moments to come up. Any idea what could be causing this? I have 2 256GB SSD's so I hope they're not...
  10. Windows Explorer Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Question: Hi! I hope this doesn't sound stupid...but I just recently did a clean install of windows 10.... When you go to Windows Explorer (you know, where your files are like downloads, documents, photos, music, etc) if you click the home tab on top you see that nifty bar that...