Windows 10: Windows Explorer pops up at random

Discus and support Windows Explorer pops up at random in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; RE 10 Home Build 16299.64. Windows Explorer keeps opening up at random, showing an external drive. This happens once or twice a day, with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ajmich, Nov 26, 2017.

1. ajmich Win User

Windows Explorer pops up at random

RE 10 Home Build 16299.64.

Windows Explorer keeps opening up at random, showing an external drive.

This happens once or twice a day, with no input from me (computer can be 'idle' and it still happens).

Also, on occasion the start menu button does nothing -- have to force a shutdown via Task Manager or power button.

Am I looking at a clean install? Thanks.

:)

ajmich, Nov 26, 2017

2. Paint pops up at random times

Hi Larry,

We acknowledge that you would like to remove an application from your computer. However, MS Paint is one of the built-in applications of Windows 10 and cannot be removed. As for the issue regarding your email, kindly provide us the information we need below
    for us to effectively assist you.

• Are you getting any error messages when opening your emails?
    • If yes, tell us the exact error message.
    • When you stated that "No matter what I try to download paint pops up" are you meaning that the Paint application is the one opening your image files?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your computer that may have triggered the issue?
    • To remove the possibility of your programs being blocked, are you using any third-party antivirus programs?
    • If yes, have you tried to disable them and check for any pending updates and see if it helps?

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should
    re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jomel_Santos, Nov 26, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Paint pops up at random times

Is it on your Start screen? If so un-pin

Also Bold is a little loud.

lacrumb, Nov 26, 2017
  4. meebers Win User

After this latest update, my screen would show IE open upon initial starting for the day. Happened twice and not since??

meebers, Nov 26, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer pops up at random - Similar Threads - Explorer pops random

2. Random window pop up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random window pop up?: So I keep getting a random 'window pop up' quite frequently on my PC. Like when you open a new window or application, it puts the one your on in the background. For example, I'll be gaming and the game will go to the background as if another window has opened, and I have to...
  3. Random window pop up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random window pop up?: So I keep getting a random 'window pop up' quite frequently on my PC. Like when you open a new window or application, it puts the one your on in the background. For example, I'll be gaming and the game will go to the background as if another window has opened, and I have to...
  4. Windows 11 Explorer pops up randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer pops up randomly: Hi there!My Windows 11 Explorer keeps popping up file explorer windows that are minimized or in the background, whenever I'm working with other apps. I believe this issue has already been exposed to Microsoft, but I can't find a solution for it and would like to know when...
  5. Windows 11 Explorer pops up randomly

Windows 11 Explorer pops up randomly: Hi there!My Windows 11 Explorer keeps popping up file explorer windows that are minimized or in the background, whenever I'm working with other apps. I believe this issue has already been exposed to Microsoft, but I can't find a solution for it and would like to know when...
  6. Windows Powershell popping up randomly

Windows Powershell popping up randomly: Hi, powershell opens up randomly and suddenly blends on background. After a minute, it's ram usage goes up from 50MBs to 1.1GB x 2 with multiple processes following up. I have created a crash dump .dmp file. %90 of my task scheduler events are disabled, all the services...
  7. random Microsoft windows popping up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    random Microsoft windows popping up: often, windows that look like what's shown in the image pop up.For extra info, the name of the window like the C:/blahblah/blah can be any of my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/random-microsoft-windows-popping-up/9283a39f-5bae-4ca0-809f-0edf0ab2d1bf
  8. Random pop-ups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random pop-ups: Hello everyone!So as usual i cleaned my laptop, and made sure everything is clean, i made sure to clean the keyboard aswell, after i was done i opened the laptop but i noticed something unusual, the notification bar on the left keeps opening and closing and the same thing...
  9. Random Miracast window popped up?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random Miracast window popped up?: A random miracast window popped up as I was playing a game, and my game crashed. I'm worried someone is trying to spy on me or something. Any info on this? Picture of the window below.[ATTACH]...
  10. random pop up window then dissapears

in Windows 10 Support
    random pop up window then dissapears: Hello can you please explain to me why the Command window keeps popping up all the time and I did look up as to whats going on and can't seem to find the problem, restart, turned it off and just let it sit there doing nothing and yet still pops up. I have disabled everything...