Windows 10: Windows Explorer problem

Discus and support Windows Explorer problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 is not saving my folder settings like location, size, icons, etc. I've tried all the things suggested on line view settings within folders,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IvanDenisovich, May 6, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer problem

Windows 10 is not saving my folder settings like location, size, icons, etc. I've tried all the things suggested on line view settings within folders, some registry tweaks and nothing works. I'm almost certain it's related to registry settings controlling these things, but can't figure out what to do. Any ideas on where to look for a solution? Perhaps some registry entries that might work? All help appreciated.

:)

IvanDenisovich, May 6, 2021

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, May 6, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 6, 2021
  4. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer problem

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer problem

1. Windows Explorer problem - Similar Threads - Explorer problem

2. File explorer Nag - why stop at error or problem - continue on please

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer Nag - why stop at error or problem - continue on please: Hi there Was copying around 500GB of files via File explorer between 2 HDD;s. OK system said would take around 20 - 25 mins - so OK I went away to do something else. 40 mins mins later I came back to computer -- the wretched thing had stopped copying after 2 mins with error...
  3. Explorer fails to open && mount .ISO files - where 7zip has no problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer fails to open && mount .ISO files - where 7zip has no problems: Hi community!I have some trouble to open certain .iso files on my Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2, Build 19042.985, Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 --> latest available level for my system without outstanding updates:I created MacOS .iso files on my Mac and want to use them for a...
  4. PROBLEM: Right Click And File Explorer Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PROBLEM: Right Click And File Explorer Not Working: Ok, Let's Go Straight To The Point: Everytime I Press Right Click In The Desktop, I'm Greeted With An Spinning Circle, If I Do Nothing It Just Stay There, Spinning, If I Do Something It Blacks Out And Appears Again, And About File Explorer, If I Open Any Folder It Just Gives...
  5. Need help with File Explorer Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with File Explorer Problem: I am on Windows 10 and I opened my File explorer one day and found it blank. I have my folders on the side but the main file areas are gone. It works when I'm on another site or program like when I'm uploading a picture to Discord, but when I normally open File Explorer it is...
  6. File Explorer Search Problem _ Results don't show up after renamed

File Explorer Search Problem _ Results don't show up after renamed: Hello , i tried to rename some large number of files and i notice that if i try to search for it in the folder with the File Explorer Search , the file doesn't appear in the result , even though clearly when i close search , the file is right there in the folder . I have...
  7. W10 File Explorer Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 File Explorer Problems: I can no longer see files with network connected storage, NAS and media appliances. Using media center I can see the files and using a MAC they are there. This problem occurred after the April updates....
  8. windows explorer problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows explorer problem: hello, I have this problem on my pc that when I login my screen is black with a cursor and I only waited untill its fixed, but I have thins problem with explorer that windows explorer just stops working whenever I right click any file what should I do submitted by...
  9. Fixed Problem of File Explorer Not Auto-refreshing by Removing CCleaner

Fixed Problem of File Explorer Not Auto-refreshing by Removing CCleaner: Basically I had two issues: 1. File Explorer was not auto-refreshing. I would have to hit the F5 button to refresh. E.g., when I opened File Explorer, no files would show up or be very slow to show up. Or if I changed a file name or if I added or deleted a file, the...
  10. Fixed Problem of File Explorer Not Auto-refreshing by Removing CCleaner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fixed Problem of File Explorer Not Auto-refreshing by Removing CCleaner: Basically I had two issues: 1. File Explorer was not auto-refreshing. I would have to hit the F5 button to refresh. E.g., when I opened File Explorer, no files would show up or be very slow to show up. Or if I changed a file name or if I added or deleted a file, the...