Windows 10: Windows Explorer randomly starts to lag and lags other programs until the pc or...

Discus and support Windows Explorer randomly starts to lag and lags other programs until the pc or... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i reinstalled windows last week due to file corruption and have been having an issue thats driving me crazy as despite trying a ton of fixes i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JagdReaper, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer randomly starts to lag and lags other programs until the pc or...

i reinstalled windows last week due to file corruption and have been having an issue thats driving me crazy as despite trying a ton of fixes i cant seem to fix it. The windows explorer will somewhat randomly begin to lag and lag bleeds into certain other programs. It seems to trigger "mostly" while doing things that directly effects the the explorer like looking through folders, moving files, changing the theme etc. When it occurs the explorer loads very sluggishly with things that used to take 1-2 seconds taking 5-10, TEW 2010 Text & Pic based game menu takes 10-15 seconds to go between menu pages and it makes the start menu feel slow sometimes. At first i thought restarting the pc is the only way to get things back to normal, but i then found restarting the explorer via task manager also fixes albeit short term could be 20 mins or once i made 25 hours between episodes. The only way i've found to completely avoid the issue is ending the explorer task and working without it. During the episodes i've checked the task & resource managers and everything looks fine despite it feeling like the disk is at 100% usage. Also during one of the episodes i ran 3 different hard disk benchmarks HD Tune, Crystal Disk Mark and Performance Test 10 to see if its my HD failing and they all looked fine and say my s.m.a.r.t. is healthy.

Before the reinstall this issue would happen from time to time, maybe once a month if that. now it happens multiple times a day. last night it happened 4-times in 4 hours.

Also originally i thought the Corsair ICue program for my k55 rgb keyboard was causing as that also caused a similar kind of lag while it was running which is weird as before the reinstall there was no issue. But even after it was uninstalled the issue has remained.

in the interest of saving time here are the fixes i've tried so far....

1. SFC Scans

2. Dism commands

3. updating windows

4. turned off indexing

5. reset the explorer

6. cleared and turned off quick access

7. disabled windows search

8. turned my intel optane off and used older drives from my motherboard site

9. updated my graphics drives

10. installed and uninstalled my chipset drivers

11. disabled anti-virus

12. set explorer for best performance

13. check disk

14. made sure my hard drive firmware was up to date

15. updating my bios

16. restarting the explore as adim

17. creating a new account

18. disconnected from the internet and disabled my modems

19. turn off lan auto config

20. used a different keyboard

Specs
    Windows 10 Home Advanced Fully Updated
    Asrock Z390 Steel Legend MB
    I7 9700k
    Zotac 2080 Super Amp
    Kingston 480GB A400 with 16GB of intel optane

:)

JagdReaper, Apr 12, 2020
  2. PC1
    PC1 Win User

Computer-Lagging

So recently about few days ago my pc started to lag. Like suddenly~ It lags on a regular basis like even in window or when I open a program or when turning on the pc. When openning a program it takes a long time to open it, for example like after I turned on real1player the movie seems to lag. I couldn't even open the internet explorer. Then when trying to close it, everything becomes not responding.
    I don't know what the problem is, but thanks if anyone would help out.

3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Windows Explorer randomly starts to lag and lags other programs until the pc or...

Windows 10 lags

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is when the PC doesn’t perform the way it should be. We were checking the lag issue, but
    in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • How much is the CPU and Disk usage showing in Task Manager, also check if any particular program is having high CPU and Disk usage?

We would suggest you to refer the steps as suggested in this article (Exclude step 10):
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Meanwhile, put the PC in Clean Boot and see if you still get the PC lagging issue. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If the settings app is working fine in Clean Boot then please refer the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to determine the root cause of the issue.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer randomly starts to lag and lags other programs until the pc or...

1. Windows Explorer randomly starts to lag and lags other programs until the pc or... - Similar Threads - Explorer randomly starts

2. Windows 10 randomly starts lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 randomly starts lagging: Hi, recently I have been experiencing an annoying issue with Windows. It seems whenever I play a game the OS starts lagging and the audio starts to lag/glitch. I have never experienced this issue before. With Assetto Corsa, the audio and OS starts lagging after 5 - 10 seconds...
  3. Windows 10 randomly starts lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 randomly starts lagging: Hi, recently I have been experiencing an annoying issue with Windows. It seems whenever I play a game the OS starts lagging and the audio starts to lag/glitch. I have never experienced this issue before. With Assetto Corsa, the audio and OS starts lagging after 5 - 10 seconds...
  4. PC randomly starts lagging until completely freezing and then restarts automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly starts lagging until completely freezing and then restarts automatically: So as the title says, my computer is unstable and this happens randomly even when doing just low demanding tasks like watching youtube videos. Here are some errors reported by windows reliability history.SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎30/‎04/‎2021 10:25StatusNot...
  5. Pc lagging randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc lagging randomly: Randomly my PC would start lagging and it wouldn't stop until I shut it down and I have to shut it down through the power button because I can't click shut down. I am on Windows 10...
  6. random mouse lag/keyboard lag and other issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    random mouse lag/keyboard lag and other issues.: So just very recently i've began to notice a few things that are annoying me that hadnt been an issue before. My mouse sometimes stops/lags for a slight second almost like there is a bad spot on my mousepad that the infrared gets disrupted but this is not the case i get the...
  7. PC Randomly Starts Lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Randomly Starts Lagging: At random times my PC starts to feel really laggy even if it CPU/RAM are at like 50% and the only thing that fixes it is restarting? Is anyone else having this issue? submitted by /u/shua-12 [link] [comments]...
  8. Computer starts randomly lagging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer starts randomly lagging: Hi everyone, I'm so nervous right now because my parents just bought me a computer recently and it's already having freezing problem. I don't want to tell them because It was expensive. It is a pre-built computer. Here is the exact link with all the specs which has all the...
  9. Computer starts randomly lagging

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer starts randomly lagging: Hi everyone, I'm so nervous right now because my parents just bought me a computer recently and it's already having freezing problem. I don't want to tell them because It was expensive. It is a pre-built computer. Here is the exact link with all the specs which has all the...
  10. Lagging and program is not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lagging and program is not starting: I have installed Windows 10.but none of the program i can run.only open files.not even google chrome or any other dekstop program r working.what to do?...