Windows 10: Windows explorer refreshes itself after every 20-30 seconds.

Discus and support Windows explorer refreshes itself after every 20-30 seconds. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Every time when I open a folder and scroll down, after every 20 to 30 seconds, the Explorer refreshes itself and goes back to the start of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Abhishek_Shrivastava, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Windows explorer refreshes itself after every 20-30 seconds.

Hi

Every time when I open a folder and scroll down, after every 20 to 30 seconds, the Explorer refreshes itself and goes back to the start of the page.

Also, when I rename a file and have to type something, most of the time the Explorer refreshes while I am typing, and the name of the file resets itself. It happens with all kind of file types, whether renaming document files or folder names. It is very frustrating and I have to work all over again.

I am facing this issue from a long time and even updating the windows to the latest version didn't resolve it. I have updated all the Chip-set and Graphic drivers as well, still facing the same issue.

I have checked multiple times with various antivirus, the system is clean. Currently I am using Windows Defender.

Details of my system

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

OS Build 17134.254

64-bit Operating System

Please reply.

:)

Abhishek_Shrivastava, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

Masterchef,

I have had this problem and so have lots of other people. None of the suggested solutions I found on the internet had anything other than a temporary effect. The problem eventually went away of its own accord but still rears its ugly head from time to time. I only kept a few links on the subject -
    Desktop or Explorer does not refresh automatically in Windows
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh by itself - Microsoft Community
    windows file list does not auto refresh-update - Microsoft Answers [Windows 7]
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh when moving-deleting - TechNet [Windows 7]

When the problem reappears, I restart the computer. If that does not resolve matters then I accept the situation and don't waste my time chasing non-solutions. You might wish to consider adopting the same approach.

All the best,
    Denis

3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows explorer refreshes itself after every 20-30 seconds.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows explorer refreshes itself after every 20-30 seconds.

1. Windows explorer refreshes itself after every 20-30 seconds. - Similar Threads - explorer refreshes itself

2. Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  3. Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  4. Specific game freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific game freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  5. my laptop lags in games every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop lags in games every 20-30 seconds.: it wasn't lagging when it was on win 10 and after i upgraded the system to win 11 it started lagging every 20-30 seconds.specifications:AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile GfxNVIDA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti Hynix HFM512GDJTNG-8310A8GB ram...
  6. my laptop lags in games every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop lags in games every 20-30 seconds.: it wasn't lagging when it was on win 10 and after i upgraded the system to win 11 it started lagging every 20-30 seconds.specifications:AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile GfxNVIDA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti Hynix HFM512GDJTNG-8310A8GB ram...
  7. Windows Explorer doesn't refresh by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh by itself: Hi to all, I am sharing this as I found a workable solution to my issue where File Explorer will not refresh when I deleted or moved files around. This applied to my Desktop as well as File Explorer. The files would not "appear" when I created a new one, and a file would...
  8. why is my cursour feezing every 20- 30 seconds?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why is my cursour feezing every 20- 30 seconds?: why is my cursor freezing every 20- 30 seconds for about 20- 30 seconds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-cursour-feezing-every-20-30-seconds/1faf0592-de8f-4ef3-981d-92fa20602c70
  9. Explorer.exe is constantly refreshing every 20~30 seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer.exe is constantly refreshing every 20~30 seconds.: Okay so recently windows explorer.exe has started to suspend its process and relaunch itself every 20~30 seconds (Can be seen in the Task Manager) where the taskbar would just disappear and reappear along with the desktop, and I can't get anything done with it going crazy all...
  10. Explorer constantly refreshing every 5 seconds, unable to use explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer constantly refreshing every 5 seconds, unable to use explorer: Hi, I've just updated to win10 build 1607 (or whatever the latest number is) this morning and when I completed the update, I noticed the task bar constantly refreshing every 3-5 seconds. I believe the issue to be related to Daemon tools pro which keeps popping up a message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone explorer refreshes

2. desktop refreshes on own while typing in file names