Windows 10: Windows Explorer repeatedly crashes when viewing folders with RAW files

Discus and support Windows Explorer repeatedly crashes when viewing folders with RAW files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a large number of RAW files from cameras and scanned images many of which have been on my hard disk for several years. Until the recently, i.e.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MDH-999, May 29, 2021.

1. MDH-999 Win User

Windows Explorer repeatedly crashes when viewing folders with RAW files

I have a large number of RAW files from cameras and scanned images many of which have been on my hard disk for several years. Until the recently, i.e. the past couple of days, I have had no issues problems viewing and using the files. However, in the past couple of days Windows Explorer has started repeatedly hanging or crashing. The issues are:1. Window Explorer repeatedly hangs and I have to close it using Task Manager or crashes when viewing folders with RAW files2. A very slow moving green bar in the Windows Explorer address bar when viewing folders with RAW files.3. Windows Explore doe

:)

MDH-999, May 29, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 29, 2021
  3. Harvy Win User
    Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, May 29, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, May 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer repeatedly crashes when viewing folders with RAW files - Similar Threads - Explorer repeatedly crashes

2. File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup: I have recently been having an issue with file explorer on windows 10. When logging into my account, none of the desktop icons show and file explorer refuses to open. Every time I click on the desktop, file explorer crashes and restarts.I have used task manager to end task...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed: Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed. It's a new laptop, was ok until i downloaded a zip file to install an app. just the presence of the file in the folder seems to cause windows explorer to hang. Event Viewer reports...
  4. Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed: Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed. It's a new laptop, was ok until i downloaded a zip file to install an app. just the presence of the file in the folder seems to cause windows explorer to hang. Event Viewer reports...
  5. File Explorer Folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folder view: Has there been a solution to the age old problem of the File Explorer Folder view randomly changing? 183414
  6. Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files: When opening a folder that contains some .mp3 files, the explorer exits almost immediately. The event log has the following: Windows cannot access the file C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_10.20022.11011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri for one of the...
  7. File Explorer folder view

File Explorer folder view: On a working folder, my desktop File Explorer has "Add Columns" grayed out. Likewise all parent folders up to and including "Documents." If I copy that same working folder to a thumb drive, then File Explorer on the desktop reading the thumb drive WILL allow me to add...
  8. Problems viewing thumbnails of raw images in file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems viewing thumbnails of raw images in file explorer: I have a custom built PC (don't know if that matters) with:Windows 10 ProVersion 1809Build 17763.864 And I am having troubles viewing image thumbnails in the windows file explorer; specifically of .CR2 files. I can view the thumbnails of .DNG files and all the standard...
  9. File explorer keeps crashing when viewing photos

File explorer keeps crashing when viewing photos: I read in another thread that this is an issue with other software that I am using, but I can't make head nor tail of the error message. Is there someone that can help with this. It is driving me crazy. Using windows 10. I believe it is all up to date. Source Windows...
  10. Viewing RAW files in Windows Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing RAW files in Windows Photos: Hi. I'm an amateur photographer and I shoot all my images in RAW. When viewing them via Photos it loads the image but then changes after a few seconds. The brightness, contrast, and colours will change. I don't want it doing this, not only does it slow down browsing...