Windows 10: Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing?

Discus and support Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows 10 64-bit workstation is very stable, and has been so for at least 2 years. Never crashes or locks up. Easily the best and most reliable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesOlson9, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing?

My Windows 10 64-bit workstation is very stable, and has been so for at least 2 years. Never crashes or locks up. Easily the best and most reliable Windows workstation I've ever owned.

However, recently when I move files or do file-related things in Windows Explorer, the changes I make are not reflected in Explorer. I must do a right click refresh to see the change.

Examples are a drag and drop of a file into a folder, creating a new folder, or renaming a folder. These actions seemingly produce no results until I do a refresh.

Rebooting the machine, naturally, does not fix the problem.

Have I accidentally changed a Windows Explorer setting?

Jim in Indianapolis, IN US

:)

JamesOlson9, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

Masterchef,

I have had this problem and so have lots of other people. None of the suggested solutions I found on the internet had anything other than a temporary effect. The problem eventually went away of its own accord but still rears its ugly head from time to time. I only kept a few links on the subject -
    Desktop or Explorer does not refresh automatically in Windows
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh by itself - Microsoft Community
    windows file list does not auto refresh-update - Microsoft Answers [Windows 7]
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh when moving-deleting - TechNet [Windows 7]

When the problem reappears, I restart the computer. If that does not resolve matters then I accept the situation and don't waste my time chasing non-solutions. You might wish to consider adopting the same approach.

All the best,
    Denis

3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing?

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing?

1. Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing? - Similar Threads - Explorer Requires Constant

2. Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh: Through a lot of troubleshooting I was actually able to figure out what is causing this issue, and it seems to be my user account. Safe Mode had no effect on the issue but when I created a new user it seemed to resolve the issue. How would I actually go about trying to fix...
  3. Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh: Through a lot of troubleshooting I was actually able to figure out what is causing this issue, and it seems to be my user account. Safe Mode had no effect on the issue but when I created a new user it seemed to resolve the issue. How would I actually go about trying to fix...
  4. Icons in Windows Explorer constantly refreshing, high CPU for explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons in Windows Explorer constantly refreshing, high CPU for explorer: Hi, When an explorer window of some directory is open, the icons on desktop and the taskbar keep refreshing every other second and explorer.exe has a really high CPU load. I already tried sfc /scannow, removing IconCache.db and disabling automatic color selection on desktop...
  5. Windows constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows constantly refreshing: My Windows 10 computer refreshes every 15 or so seconds. When I try to open my Control Panel or File Explorer, they close during every refresh, so every solution involving the two are completely impossible. My computer has been doing this for a few days and I've done...
  6. Windows store constantly refreshing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store constantly refreshing: Ok so I gifted my friend Sea Of Thieves, and he started installing it. At some point during it, he left and turned off his computer. When he gets back, he opens Microsoft Store and it just starts 'flickering' as if it is constantly refreshing the start page. He can't click...
  7. Explorer constantly refreshing every 5 seconds, unable to use explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer constantly refreshing every 5 seconds, unable to use explorer: Hi, I've just updated to win10 build 1607 (or whatever the latest number is) this morning and when I completed the update, I noticed the task bar constantly refreshing every 3-5 seconds. I believe the issue to be related to Daemon tools pro which keeps popping up a message...
  8. Explorer constantly refreshing every 5 seconds, unable to use explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer constantly refreshing every 5 seconds, unable to use explorer: Hi, I've just updated to win10 build 1607 (or whatever the latest number is) this morning and when I completed the update, I noticed the task bar constantly refreshing every 3-5 seconds. I believe the issue to be related to Daemon tools pro which keeps popping up a message...
  9. File Explorer Requiring Screen Refresh to Be Correct

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Requiring Screen Refresh to Be Correct: I am troubleshooting an issue for a neighbor. When using File Explorer (or while on the desktop), if he tries to delete a file or folder, rename it, move it, etc. the open file explorer window (or the desktop) does not change to reflect the action unless he refreshes the...
  10. Desktop constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop constantly refreshing: Hi I have win 10 and my laptop is Lenovo ideapad Y700 and it's 2 months since I've bought it. 2 weeks ago after a windows update my desktop kept refreshing every 2 seconds. A system restore have fixed the problem several times, but today the system restore fails and the...