Windows 10: Windows explorer restarting every 1 after windows update.

Discus and support Windows explorer restarting every 1 after windows update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since ~12th October 2020, any time I run a windows update it causes windows explorer to be unable to stay open, I'm left looking at a black screen with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlieSimmons_992, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Windows explorer restarting every 1 after windows update.

Since ~12th October 2020, any time I run a windows update it causes windows explorer to be unable to stay open, I'm left looking at a black screen with the taskbar flashing as explorer restarts again and again. I've tried booting in safe mode and uninstalling my display drivers, I've tried restarting multiple times, I've tried updating the graphics card driver before the windows update. I've tried uninstalling anything else recently installed. And most recently I tried disabling windows updates all together, but Windows 10 being Windows 10 it found a way to download them then make me unable to restart or turn off my PC without installing them.

The only thing I've found that fixes the issue is a system reboot, but as it takes ~an hour and I have to do it every 2-3 days I'm getting sick of it.

:)

CharlieSimmons_992, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Windows explorer restarting every 1 after windows update.

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows explorer restarting every 1 after windows update. :p

Frick, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows explorer restarting every 1 after windows update.

1. Windows explorer restarting every 1 after windows update. - Similar Threads - explorer restarting every

2. Problems after restarting Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems after restarting Windows Explorer: I ended the windows explorer task by accident. I followed another question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-ended-the-explorerexe-process/73a26688-abef-4c25-9e0c-13e84aacb50b, and got my solution. But, after that, I am facing some serious...
  3. Problems after restarting Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after restarting Windows Explorer: I ended the windows explorer task by accident. I followed another question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-ended-the-explorerexe-process/73a26688-abef-4c25-9e0c-13e84aacb50b, and got my solution. But, after that, I am facing some serious...
  4. Problems after restarting Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 11 start menu missing explorer crash after every restart/windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 start menu missing explorer crash after every restart/windows update: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  6. Win 11 start menu missing explorer crash after every restart/windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 start menu missing explorer crash after every restart/windows update: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  7. Windows Explorer bug after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer bug after restart: Hi all,I have come across an annoying bug that is haunting me for a while now.It all started in Windows 10. After a reboot, the login screen does not load for a while before I can choose my user and log into the system and then Windows Explorer does not load pretty much. All...
  8. Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds: Been having an issue where every couple weeks and on several reimaged laptops. Every 10 seconds or so, my cursor has the blue spinning wheel for a second and then my windows taskbar disappears and then reappears. Any file explorers I have open will automatically close. After...
  9. Issues after updating Windows 10 to version 1809: 1) Every restart changes everything back...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues after updating Windows 10 to version 1809: 1) Every restart changes everything back...: After updating to version 1809, I am thinking something got messed up on my computer. Here what happened: The first time turning on the computer after the update, it came to my profile login screen, I put in my password and it told me the user profile didn't exist. Tried...
  10. Windows Explorer Keep Crashing After Every Updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Keep Crashing After Every Updates?: Hello first of all i like win 10 but when is start doing its own things its a pain in the ass and annoying system. For the past few weeks since last few updates i have this annoying problem for example: When i boot my pc or launch its everything ok then windows explorer...