Windows 10: Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds

Discus and support Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been having an issue where every couple weeks and on several reimaged laptops. Every 10 seconds or so, my cursor has the blue spinning wheel for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ryan_085, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Ryan_085 Win User

Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds

Been having an issue where every couple weeks and on several reimaged laptops. Every 10 seconds or so, my cursor has the blue spinning wheel for a second and then my windows taskbar disappears and then reappears. Any file explorers I have open will automatically close. After a little more research, I opened up task manager and filtered by CPU and noticed that as the blue spinning wheel was happening, Windows Problem Reporting popped up just before the task bar flickered, then the Windows Problem Reporting went away in task manager. Process repeats forever. My IT support so far does not have any idea what is causing this and the only solutions which so far has been a temporary fix until the problem starts reoccurring is to rest my profile. I found a hardware error within the View All Problem Reports control panel with a timestamp of the previous time my computer was on...

Source

Windows

Summary

Hardware error

Date

‎3/‎15/‎2021 4:30 PM

Status

Report sent

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 193

Parameter 1: 810

Parameter 2: ffffd204ff6be000

Parameter 3: ffffd204fb007040

Parameter 4: 58

OS version: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: LKD_0x193_DxgkrnlLiveDump:810__ETW_PROFILER_DxgkAcquireAdapterCoreSync_DXGADAPTER_EXCLUSIVEACCESS_FLUSHSCHEDULER_dxgkrnl!DpiPowerArbiterThread_nt!KeWaitForSingleObject_dxgkrnl!DxgCreateLiveDumpWithWdLogs

Any help is appreciated!

:)

Ryan_085, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 16, 2021
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds

1. Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds - Similar Threads - Explorer restarts every

2. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting: Hi, I'm so desperate, I tried so many fixes and can't get it fixed. So I send my PC either to sleep mode with a couple of Chrome Tabs or I just left it running. When I returned a couple of hours later the task bar and all the icons on the desktop kept flickering Explorer...
  3. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting: Hi, I'm so desperate, I tried so many fixes and can't get it fixed. So I send my PC either to sleep mode with a couple of Chrome Tabs or I just left it running. When I returned a couple of hours later the task bar and all the icons on the desktop kept flickering Explorer...
  4. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Explorer Application Error - Windows Explorer Crashes and Restarts Every 5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Explorer Application Error - Windows Explorer Crashes and Restarts Every 5 Seconds: I made several software updates that required a reboot. After reboot, Windows Explorer began recycling crashing and restarting approx. every 5 seconds. The visible systems included taskbar not being populated with the expected icons, the taskbar and desktop including icons...
  6. Windows files explorer crashing and restarting in chain every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows files explorer crashing and restarting in chain every 5 seconds: Hello guys, Since this morning my PC HP Laptop ; Windows 10 Pro ; 64 Bits ; build 1903 - 18362.1082 get a bug where my Windows Files Explorer stop working and then restart everytime by itself. I have check a little bit the task manager and there is the result : [ATTACH]...
  7. Restarting every 5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting every 5 Seconds: Hey first of all sorry for my bad English it’s not my main language. I have a Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming notebook. My Laptop made today a Update and during the Update he restarted and 5 seconds later he turned off he repeated this for a hour. Then I decided to press F2...
  8. Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds: My girlfriend's laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 330S) keeps continuously refreshing Explorer, roughly every 3-5 seconds. Does anyone know of a solution for this? submitted by /u/Sulzer685 [link] [comments]...
  9. windows 10 64% restarting every 4 seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 64% restarting every 4 seconds: Hi, my custom pc that I haven't used more than a year was running just perfect. I wanted to sell and wipe the drives so I did so only to see an error. So I went on youtube and found a video telling me to open a command prompt and enter something and have me raise the number...
  10. Windows Explorer crashing every 2 seconds!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashing every 2 seconds!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1803 build 17134.345 currently unable to operate my computer since this morning! Windows Explorer keeps on crashing every 2 seconds, I killed the process explorer.exe (by opening an elevated command prompt via Task Manager) and ran DISM /Online...