Windows 10: Windows explorer restarts

Discus and support Windows explorer restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, had to register to see if this is happening to anyone else. Ive had a quick search and couldnt find anything. My problem is, since i updated to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ryan1mcq, Jun 29, 2021.

1. ryan1mcq Win User

Windows explorer restarts

Hi all, had to register to see if this is happening to anyone else. Ive had a quick search and couldnt find anything. My problem is, since i updated to Windows 10 21H1, almost every time i click a task bar icon, the taskbar goes blank for a second or two then comes back to normal, it feels like windows explorer is restarting. I have quite a few icons on my task bar and have never had this happen before. This can be quite annoying when tabbing in and out of games or re maximizing certain items on taskbar. Has this happened to anyone else or could itr be a coincidence that this started happening since the update? Thank you

:)

ryan1mcq, Jun 29, 2021

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jun 29, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 29, 2021
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows explorer restarts wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

1. Windows explorer restarts - Similar Threads - explorer restarts

2. Why does the Windows Explorer window and/or google Chrome repeatedly after 1 in 5 restarts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Windows Explorer window and/or google Chrome repeatedly after 1 in 5 restarts...: What does te Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a 'dark' setting when previous set at 'Light'.This has been happening for the past 14 months since receiveing a new HP Elitebook Spec: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42...
  3. Why does the Windows Explorer window and/or google Chrome repeatedly after 1 in 5 restarts...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the Windows Explorer window and/or google Chrome repeatedly after 1 in 5 restarts...: What does te Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a 'dark' setting when previous set at 'Light'.This has been happening for the past 14 months since receiveing a new HP Elitebook Spec: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42...
  4. Windows Setup briefly appear whenever windows explorer restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Setup briefly appear whenever windows explorer restart: Whenever windows explorer restart crash or manual reboot the windows setup window briefly appearBy windows setup i mean the thing that appear just after you install window, like setting up onedrive and thingsi installed windows on this pc 2 weeks ago so its' starting to get...
  5. Windows Setup briefly appear whenever windows explorer restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setup briefly appear whenever windows explorer restart: Whenever windows explorer restart crash or manual reboot the windows setup window briefly appearBy windows setup i mean the thing that appear just after you install window, like setting up onedrive and thingsi installed windows on this pc 2 weeks ago so its' starting to get...
  6. Windows Setup briefly appear whenever windows explorer restart

7. my laptop taskbar hang time and again. I have to restart window explorer and restart the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop taskbar hang time and again. I have to restart window explorer and restart the...: my laptop taskbar hang time and again. I have to restart window explorer and restart the system what should i do for permanent solution's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-taskbar-hang-time-and-again-i-have-to/c3db6c51-2d40-4024-a135-dee68ea1e552
  8. my laptop taskbar hang time and again. I have to restart window explorer and restart the...

my laptop taskbar hang time and again. I have to restart window explorer and restart the...: my laptop taskbar hang time and again. I have to restart window explorer and restart the system what should i do for permanent solution's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-taskbar-hang-time-and-again-i-have-to/c3db6c51-2d40-4024-a135-dee68ea1e552
  9. Why are desktop icons being reset while my second monitor is plugged in and explorer restarts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are desktop icons being reset while my second monitor is plugged in and explorer restarts?: LINK TO VIDEOSummary of what is happening: Whenever windows explorer is restarted in any way like restarting the computer or manually closing explorer, if there are any icons on the very right of the screen, all icons are reset to their previous locations. The bug is only...
  10. Why are desktop icons being reset while my second monitor is plugged in and explorer restarts?

Why are desktop icons being reset while my second monitor is plugged in and explorer restarts?: LINK TO VIDEOSummary of what is happening: Whenever windows explorer is restarted in any way like restarting the computer or manually closing explorer, if there are any icons on the very right of the screen, all icons are reset to their previous locations. The bug is only...