Windows 10: Windows Explorer : Right click cause blank screen

Discus and support Windows Explorer : Right click cause blank screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Support, Each time I right-click on Windows Explorer, it turns a blank screen. To get back the screen, I need to Ctrl-Alt-Del then go to Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatrickOhSG, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Windows Explorer : Right click cause blank screen

Hi Support,

Each time I right-click on Windows Explorer, it turns a blank screen.

To get back the screen, I need to Ctrl-Alt-Del then go to Task Manager next to File to run new task - explorer.exe

I have updated the Display driver using Devmgmt.msc but the problem still persist.

I have also updated Windows 10

Please advice on how to solve this issue.

:)

PatrickOhSG, Mar 3, 2019

2. Explorer crashes on right click

Following windows 10 updating to latest version when I right click on a folder or file in Windows Explorer my screen goes blank and then comes back on and the explorer app has closed. Any suggestions please.

James Owen Sayers, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Windows Explorer : Right click cause blank screen

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer : Right click cause blank screen

1. Windows Explorer : Right click cause blank screen - Similar Threads - Explorer Right click

2. Right click causes windows explorer crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click causes windows explorer crash: When I right-click on the desktop or anywhere within file explorer, the explorer waits for a second, crashes and restarts. It started after September 2023 windows 11 update which I did 21 Sep 2023. Before that day, right click was working file, with old context menu and with...
  3. Right click causes windows explorer crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click causes windows explorer crash: When I right-click on the desktop or anywhere within file explorer, the explorer waits for a second, crashes and restarts. It started after September 2023 windows 11 update which I did 21 Sep 2023. Before that day, right click was working file, with old context menu and with...
  4. Right Click Causes Temporary Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click Causes Temporary Blue Screen: When I right click a desktop item, I get a blue screen and no right click menu. This happened while running Windows 10. I upgraded to Windows 11 hoping it would solve the problem, if anything it is worse due to the blue screen lasting longer than before. Is there an easy fix...
  5. Right Click Causes Temporary Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click Causes Temporary Blue Screen: When I right click a desktop item, I get a blue screen and no right click menu. This happened while running Windows 10. I upgraded to Windows 11 hoping it would solve the problem, if anything it is worse due to the blue screen lasting longer than before. Is there an easy fix...
  6. Windows Explorer right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer right click: If, in Windows Explorer, I right click on a file, to see the "Properties", I am presented instead with an ENORMOUS List of "facilities" that I NEVER use, but I have then to click the down arrow to get where I want.How can I -EITHERRemove most of these items from that menu...
  7. Right Clicking Drive In Explorer cause Explorer force closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Clicking Drive In Explorer cause Explorer force closes: I tought it was a bug for new version of Windows 10 ver 2004, and then i tried to downgrade my Windows to 1909 ver, but the same problem still occur....
  8. Right clicking certain files causes explorer to crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking certain files causes explorer to crash: This is what I see in the log. Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application Version: 10.0.18362.815 Application Timestamp: 51185cb4 Fault Module Name:...
  9. Right click on Windows Explorer items cause crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click on Windows Explorer items cause crashing: I know this has been asked before and I tried using the solutions in this forums. Interestingly, I used ShellExView from Nirsoft and started by disabling every non-microsoft shell extension. It solved the problem. However, I enabled all the items again, and funny enough the...
  10. Right-click Explorer Menu for Adobe are blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right-click Explorer Menu for Adobe are blank: When I right-click in windows explorer (Windows10) on file(s) I should see menu item(s) from my Adobe std 9 installation such as convert to pdf and combine files but instead there are just blank lines. The functions are still there but the text does not show up. I uninstalled...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shortcut causes blank Windows explorer