Windows 10: Windows Explorer save location defaulting to the wrong computer

Discus and support Windows Explorer save location defaulting to the wrong computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running Windows 10. I'm currently trying to place a file from one of my work computer's folders into a document. When the menu opens to do so, it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ama'h, May 16, 2023.

1. Ama'h Win User

Windows Explorer save location defaulting to the wrong computer

Running Windows 10. I'm currently trying to place a file from one of my work computer's folders into a document. When the menu opens to do so, it's showing me a Documents folder Under "This PC" - but the location appears to be my PC home computer instead of the work one I'm using. It does not show most of the files in said folder, but it does show all sub-folders and a couple of my pdfs, and I can actually place one of these files into my document.It theoretically shouldn't be able to do this. I have remote access to my work computer via my home computer, but that's to access my work computer

:)

Ama'h, May 16, 2023

2. Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response.

From your recent description, it seems like the issue is confined to Word documents. If true, then follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Launch Word application.
    • Go to File Menu and select Options.
    • In the pop-up dialog box, towards the left pane, select Save.
    • Under Default location file, browse the location you want to save.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, May 16, 2023
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Making HDD as default saving location instead of sdd for files

Hi Kiefer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

I suggest you to try the following steps to change default saving locations. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start and click on
      Settings.

• Open System and click on
      Storage in the left-pane.

• Under the section Save Locations in the
      right-pane, select the appropriate location to which you want to save files.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 16, 2023
  4. Riel Alc Win User

default saved locations

Hi Ashley,

For better assistance, we'd like to know the following:

• How did you transfer your pictures from OneDrive to your computer?
    • How were you trying to change the default save location?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, May 16, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer save location defaulting to the wrong computer - Similar Threads - Explorer save location

2. Default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default save location: Question in the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-save-location/78159927-885e-4c2d-96b4-2630a5117bb2
  3. Default Save As Location

Default Save As Location: Greetings-Would like to know how to change the default Save As location for Windows 10 File Browser. Currently it is set to the Downloads folder but I like to expedite everything from my desktop to an external drive so I readily know where files are located.I had previosly...
  4. Windows Explorer save location defaulting to the wrong computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer save location defaulting to the wrong computer: Running Windows 10. I'm currently trying to place a file from one of my work computer's folders into a document. When the menu opens to do so, it's showing me a Documents folder Under "This PC" - but the location appears to be my PC home computer instead of the work one I'm...
  5. Windows Explorer save location defaulting to the wrong computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer save location defaulting to the wrong computer: Running Windows 10. I'm currently trying to place a file from one of my work computer's folders into a document. When the menu opens to do so, it's showing me a Documents folder Under "This PC" - but the location appears to be my PC home computer instead of the work one I'm...
  6. Default SAVE location

Default SAVE location: I am sick and tired of OneDrive. I go look for a document and can't find it on my PC because Excel or Word saved it to OneDrive How do I stop ANY programs WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, PDF editors, any from saving to OneDrive? I want the documents on my PC, not a OneDrive folder....
  7. Default save locations

Default save locations: I am able to see where I can change my default save locations, however, it only shows my (C:) drive and not my other drives on the network. Is it possible to add new locations, and if so, how?...
  8. Changed Save As Default Location but Name of New Location is Wrong

Changed Save As Default Location but Name of New Location is Wrong: I changed the Save As Default location of my Documents folder to my D:\ drive, but the location now shows up as "D:\" and not "Documents." See screenshot below. Libraries are fine, but I can't seem to find how to change the name of this folder to the proper "Documents."...
  9. the computer saves the scanned documents in wrong location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the computer saves the scanned documents in wrong location: My scanner Epson saves the scans in the following location C:\Users\My\Pictures\Scans. But I changed the path manually to the location I prefer and it used to work before the update. Now it is not working. Can you help me?...
  10. Default save location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default save location: I have a small SSD holding my OS, and a large HDD for everything else. I am trying to change the default install path to my storage drive, but when I go to settings, system, storage, I am unable to change the default install path to my storage drive (F:). Everything else...