Windows 10: Windows Explorer: Saving not grouping permanently

Discus and support Windows Explorer: Saving not grouping permanently in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When want to save something or open a file, sometimes Windows Explorer groups the folders/files. Even ungroup it, the change is no permanently. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Martin_S_, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Martin_S_ Win User

Windows Explorer: Saving not grouping permanently

When want to save something or open a file, sometimes Windows Explorer groups the folders/files. Even ungroup it, the change is no permanently. How can I change it permanently? The same happen with the columnwidth, it will be lost next time.

Thank you.

Windows Explorer: Saving not grouping permanently 8c51e93a-0bd0-4f25-a7be-e7c1315437e2?upload=true.jpg

:)

Martin_S_, Mar 1, 2020

2. Unable to save bookmarks and establish a permanent profile

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I realize this may be frustrating. I will check what best I can do to help you out and ensure you receive assistance as soon as possible.

• What are you referring to when you say “I am unable to establish my permanent profile”?
    As an initial step, I suggest you to check if you can find the favorites in on the favorite folder on the computer.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Key in %userprofile% and press Enter

• Make sure you have a Favorites folder listed in the %userprofile% folder.
    You may refer: Use favorites to save websites you like

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer: Saving not grouping permanently - Similar Threads - Explorer Saving grouping

2. Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently: I am having trouble with the Group By feature in Windows Explorer.I desire to not have the Group By option selected.I have followed instructions to change this in the folder options, but the Group By options keeps turning back on at a later time.Last post I read had links to...
  3. How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows: Exact same question, still occurring in Windows 11 for a long time now. The only reply in that thread didn't help, so I'm asking for more help."I would like to permanently disable or remove the "Group By" option in the "View menu" of "File Explorer" in Windows. I can not...
  4. How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows: Exact same question, still occurring in Windows 11 for a long time now. The only reply in that thread didn't help, so I'm asking for more help."I would like to permanently disable or remove the "Group By" option in the "View menu" of "File Explorer" in Windows. I can not...
  5. Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?: I really dislike that it automatically activated the grouping by date after this last update, in everything, and it is kind of annoying to have to right clikc and select the "group by none" every single time, I move something from one folder to another and next time I open...
  6. Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?

Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?: I really dislike that it automatically activated the grouping by date after this last update, in everything, and it is kind of annoying to have to right clikc and select the "group by none" every single time, I move something from one folder to another and next time I open...
  7. Save Windows Explorer View permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save Windows Explorer View permanently: Hi all,Is there an option to prohibit Windows deciding what kind of View in the Windows Explorer should be activated? Believe there is an engine which decides everytime, due to the content in a specific folder, if the View should be optimized for Pictures, Dokuments, General,...
  8. Save Windows Explorer View permanently

Save Windows Explorer View permanently: Hi all,Is there an option to prohibit Windows deciding what kind of View in the Windows Explorer should be activated? Believe there is an engine which decides everytime, due to the content in a specific folder, if the View should be optimized for Pictures, Dokuments, General,...
  9. How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows: I would like to permanently disable or remove the "Group By" option in the "View menu" of "File Explorer" in Windows. I can not foresee any universe in which I would want this setting. It keeps turning itself ON randomly on a folder that I may be working on.Yes, I know how to...
  10. Permanent Group By/Sort By change?

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanent Group By/Sort By change?: I'd like to know how to permanently change Group By to automatically be set to "(none)" . Changing it from the context menu or ribbon menu doesnt permanently change the setting and every time I open a folder from an external application like for example Chrome "show in...