Windows 10: Windows explorer search 1909 boken, freezes, crashes not responding.

Discus and support Windows explorer search 1909 boken, freezes, crashes not responding. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since updating to Windows 10 1909 the search bar in explorer is painfully broken. It's slow, bugs out, freezes and hangs. Windows explorer stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RamboMcMutNutts, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Windows explorer search 1909 boken, freezes, crashes not responding.

Since updating to Windows 10 1909 the search bar in explorer is painfully broken. It's slow, bugs out, freezes and hangs. Windows explorer stops responding and even crashes. Searching for anything gives me results but then I end up with a grey search box and I have to close explorer to use it again.
    This also happens when using another program to open or browse for a file, the search box hangs and freeze and eventually explorer will crash along with whatever program I am using.

Any one else encountered this? I'm really regretting upgrading :/

:)

RamboMcMutNutts, Feb 9, 2020

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 9, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Windows explorer search 1909 boken, freezes, crashes not responding.

Internet Explorer is slow, crashing, freezing

Hi Albert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Click on search and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Follow the steps suggested in this link and check if it helps.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature
    might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 3: I would suggest you to run
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + X key. 
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows explorer search 1909 boken, freezes, crashes not responding.

1. Windows explorer search 1909 boken, freezes, crashes not responding. - Similar Threads - explorer search 1909

2. Search and also file explorer not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search and also file explorer not responding: Whenever I try to search on the windows search box it would automatically closed. Even file explorer keeps hanging. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-and-also-file-explorer-not-responding/51260011-3a45-4b22-8306-eb2d9733b4d6
  3. Windows Explorer stops responding freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer stops responding freezes: I'm having this problem frequently -> when I'm opening a file, the Windows Explorer window freezes.When I close the window, this has the unfortunately side effect of closing ALL of the Windows Explorer windows I have open. This is a real drag when I'm at work. I basically...
  4. Windows Explorer stops responding freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer stops responding freezes: I'm having this problem frequently -> when I'm opening a file, the Windows Explorer window freezes.When I close the window, this has the unfortunately side effect of closing ALL of the Windows Explorer windows I have open. This is a real drag when I'm at work. I basically...
  5. Windows Explorer stops responding freezes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. File Explorer Crashing and Not Responding

File Explorer Crashing and Not Responding: It's been 2 days since my File Explorer started to create problems. Sometimes whenever I try to rename or delete a file, File Explorer stops responding and crashes. If I try to move that file then it would be stuck at calculating but copying it works fine. Please provide me...
  7. Search Indexing and Windows file explorer not responding

Search Indexing and Windows file explorer not responding: Hi, so my problem started a week ago when I updated my computer, and had just downloaded some new software, not sure which one the problem may stem from since it was at the same time, but I do trust the software company, it's tied with my University. Problem is this: when...
  8. Windows 10 1909 search not responding.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 search not responding.: Hi, I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro to 1909 November '19 update. Everything worked fine until today when I turned on my laptop and tried to search a file by its name, nothing showed up. Not even the search bar and its interface do anything. I have included a video of...
  9. Windows explorer search crashes

Windows explorer search crashes: Hello, System details: Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17763 Every time I perform a search on Windows Explorer, it crashes after a few seconds. I have already tried; - DISM restore tool - it FAILED at 82%, Error code 12002 and I could not find a way to fix this...
  10. Windows Explorer crashes/freezes.

Windows Explorer crashes/freezes.: Hello, I am experiencing an issue with my Windows 10 version. While using Chrome or Edge or Firefox when trying to use the Save as function Explorer tends to freeze up or crash my desktop. While having Task Manager open the HDD in use/saving to, is pinned at 100% with...