Windows 10: windows explorer search bars/buttons not working...

Discus and support windows explorer search bars/buttons not working... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a really strange issue which affects all windows explorer processes like the buttons in the start menu and the search bars in the file explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xdr_Procrastinator, Feb 13, 2020.

1. windows explorer search bars/buttons not working...

I have a really strange issue which affects all windows explorer processes like the buttons in the start menu and the search bars in the file explorer.

Whenever i try and click on an element like a button or search bar, or try to type something into a windows search bar, it automatically highlights a completely different element, as if i had pressed the tab button to switch to something else. A common example of when this happens is when i try to click on my profile picture in the start menu so that I can switch users, but instead of opening the dropdown list of users, it highlights a white box around something completely different... I have to keep pressing it until by some miracle the list opens.

In the case of search bars, i can type maybe 1-5 letters until it tabs to something completely different for no reason. Sometimes i can't even select the search bar in windows explorer in order to type something!

As I've stated before, the same thing happens in windows related apps such as the settings app. It seems to be a very obscure problem, since I've never seen anything related to the problem when searching for it online. I've already done the sfc /scannow thing that they tell you to do in every single "windows 10 start menu fix" video on youtube, but nothing has changed. I have no idea whether this could be a problem on windows' end, or whether there's some malware/program that's somehow causing this... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

submitted by /u/Xdr_Procrastinator
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Xdr_Procrastinator, Feb 13, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 13, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Feb 13, 2020
  4. weybrew Win User

windows explorer search bars/buttons not working...

Windows 10 START and SEARCH buttons don't work

For some reason both my main Windows button and Search buttons don't work. Other buttons on the Task Bar work as usual. Right click on either button gives a white-on-black context menu. Anyone have a suggestion, please?

weybrew, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

windows explorer search bars/buttons not working...

1. windows explorer search bars/buttons not working... - Similar Threads - explorer search bars

2. Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar: Hi there, My PC is only about 3 or 4 months old. That being said, the most recent things that have happened were an update on my pc on the 19th of this month, and I moved my OS from my hdd to an ssd. I cant pinpoint exactly when the issues started happening, but it was within...
  3. Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar: Hi there, My PC is only about 3 or 4 months old. That being said, the most recent things that have happened were an update on my pc on the 19th of this month, and I moved my OS from my hdd to an ssd. I cant pinpoint exactly when the issues started happening, but it was within...
  4. start button and search bar working on the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button and search bar working on the task bar: Hiright someone please help me out here, both of the start button and search bar at the bottom on the task bar are irresponsible. went to settings-personalisation-taskbar and search isn’t even there to click never mind it being off. i don’t know if somethings deleted or...
  5. Search Bar and Explorer not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar and Explorer not working: Two days ago I was navigating through my files then out of nowhere the Explorer crashed, I tried to open it again only for it to crash seconds after opening the folder again. While trying to fix the problem I also discovered that my Search Bar closed before I was able to type...
  6. Start Button and Search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button and Search bar not working: Hi All, I have tried googling the above issues and took several steps to solve this to no avail. below are the steps which I took: 1 SFC scan - told me not issues. 2 Clean boot 3 Get-AppXPackage- Error: The database disk image is malformed 4 Start application...
  7. start button and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start button and search bar not working: dear sir respectfully i beg to say that after purchase of laptop i face many problem in window 10 i install program and after installation window not working properly. program running after installing and after restart program not work. 8 days working i want to solution...
  8. Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working: Hi, The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions? Even after the latest update on 15/07/20 the issue was still not resolved, I have been having this issue on and off after...
  9. Search button/bar/file explorer not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search button/bar/file explorer not working: I can't click any of the search buttons at all (they don't do anything). I have rebuilt the index, reset apps to default and restarted computer multiple times. I'm on insider build 19041.264 (version 2004). submitted by /u/AeonCaptain [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows home button and search bar not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows home button and search bar not working.: Hello all, today I ran into an issue with my windows home button and the search function - it doesn't work! When I open the home button, it has auto selected the list of files, and won't change (see the "A", in the image)[IMG] I have a similar issue with the search bar,...