Windows 10: Windows Explorer search by date calendar not showing up anymore

Discus and support Windows Explorer search by date calendar not showing up anymore in Cortana to solve the problem; When I use the search box in Windows Explorer in the top-right corner and type "date:" or "modified:", a calendar used to pop up so you could select... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by jeansygxi, Mar 21, 2021.

1. jeansygxi Win User

Windows Explorer search by date calendar not showing up anymore

When I use the search box in Windows Explorer in the top-right corner and type "date:" or "modified:", a calendar used to pop up so you could select dates. In the past it worked and was good functionality. It also works on Windows 10 Enterprise at my work so no idea why it's stopped working on version 20H2 Pro which I'm running on my personal computer. This does not work: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/troubleshoot/windows-client/shell-experience/fix-problems-in-windows-search

Are there any ways to get this working again? I've tried disabling, reenabling bing search and cortana but nothing makes any difference.

Windows Explorer search by date calendar not showing up anymore ec80a70d-e27f-4962-93ca-08a839aedb17?upload=true.png

:)

jeansygxi, Mar 21, 2021

2. windows explorer search won't show any results

Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck.

Jim Ampulski, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Calendar widget not visible when searching for a date

When I open a Windows Explorer and use the search box in the top-right corner to make a search for a date, I don't see anymore the calendar widget appearing below the search box to select a range of dates. In the past it was working.

I use Windows 10 1909 (18363.535) 64-bit, French.

JoëlBissonnette, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Windows Explorer search by date calendar not showing up anymore

search box in windows explorer broken

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to see the calendar when you click on Date Modified under Search Tool in File/Windows Explorer. When you say "on my old windows 10 machine" what is the version of Windows 10 installed on that PC?

Provide us a screenshot from the Old Windows 10 PC to understand the scenario. (Please follow the steps mentioned in the

screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

We researched on this and seems that there are some changes made in the File/Windows Explorer feature.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps to get the calendar option on your new Windows 10 PC.

1. Open File/Windows Explorer and right click on the Column bar as shown below.
    2. Select Date modified and Date created from the list.
    3. Then click on the downward arrow beside Date modified or Date created and you will get the calendar.
    4. Select the date or date range as per your requirement.

Windows Explorer search by date calendar not showing up anymore 9315cf32-fa98-4e75-ab7e-16a843fe58d7?upload=true.jpg

Windows Explorer search by date calendar not showing up anymore ced51e54-1c36-42ca-b14d-358411a5d0a1?upload=true.jpg

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a

Feedback
    for this product so that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer search by date calendar not showing up anymore

1. Windows Explorer search by date calendar not showing up anymore - Similar Threads - Explorer search date

2. Unable to search by a date or date range in Windows Explorer

in Cortana
    Unable to search by a date or date range in Windows Explorer: We have a user who is unable to search by a date or date range in Windows Explorer. Searching by name returns results. This seems to have started after upgrading to 20H2. This appears to be profile specific We have tried running the troubleshooter, restarting the Search...
  3. Windows Search doesn't show icons anymore

in Cortana
    Windows Search doesn't show icons anymore: Does anyone know how to fix this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-doesnt-show-icons-anymore/122a954f-93d7-4830-88bb-63cf6aaf9139
  4. The Search box in File Explorer has changed. Can't search for items by date anymore. Is it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Search box in File Explorer has changed. Can't search for items by date anymore. Is it...: Ever since the last couple of updates in Windows the Search function in File Explorer has changed. It used to be that when I wanted to do a search in my Pictures or Documents folder I would click in the Search box in the upper right corner and it would show the last 3 or 4...
  5. Unable to search Pictures file by date modified anymore

Unable to search Pictures file by date modified anymore: I put all my photos that I edit into the Pictures folder. I used to upload them to Facebook and Instagram by selecting them by "Date Modified" in the upper right corner.... That option disappeared for some reason and I can't find how to get it back... Any ideas what...
  6. File Explorer Search Date Limited

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search Date Limited: I have updated to Windows 10 Ver. 2004. Ever since the update the search feature of File Explorer is acting weird. I have a folder with folders and files dating back to 2007. When I do a search for Adobe PDF files (there are hundreds going back to 2007) I only get the PDF...
  7. OneDrive files not showing up in Windows File Explorer search.

in Cortana
    OneDrive files not showing up in Windows File Explorer search.: Help would be appreciated. OneDrive tech could not help. My onedrive files and folders are not showing up when I search for them in file explorer windows search in the bottom task bar. They used to, before I moved my onedrive files to D:, which has more space. My C: is a...
  8. explorer search doesnt show folders anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    explorer search doesnt show folders anymore: is there a way to make them appear again? right after i postponed a update folders no longer show up in searches. submitted by /u/Riime [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hcnpei/explorer_search_doesnt_show_folders_anymore/
  9. Calendar widget not visible when searching for a date

in Cortana
    Calendar widget not visible when searching for a date: When I open a Windows Explorer and use the search box in the top-right corner to make a search for a date, I don't see anymore the calendar widget appearing below the search box to select a range of dates. In the past it was working. I use Windows 10 1909 18363.535 64-bit,...
  10. File Explorer Doesn't Show Up in Cortana Search

File Explorer Doesn't Show Up in Cortana Search: I have a user in my organization that is having a problem with File Explorer. Before, she would be able to use the Cortana search bar, type in a few letters leading to File Explorer, and it would usually pop up as the top result. Now, it shows 7-Zip File Manager and File...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 windows explorer calander popup