Windows 10: Windows explorer search crashes

Discus and support Windows explorer search crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, System details: Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17763 Every time I perform a search on Windows Explorer, it crashes after a few seconds. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RogerioHawilla, Oct 9, 2019 at 10:57 AM.

1. Windows explorer search crashes

Hello,

System details:

Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.17763

Every time I perform a search on Windows Explorer, it crashes after a few seconds.

I have already tried;

- DISM restore tool - it FAILED at 82%, Error code 12002 and I could not find a way to fix this

- SFC /Scannow - Found corrupt files, but was unable to fix and I could not find a way to fix this

Microsoft's suggestion of creating a new local user is, pardon my french, IDIOTIC.

I need to constantly find files, and I would not be changing users every time I need to find a file.

There must be a way to fix this issue for good.

Please, ask Bill Gates to find someone in your organization to create a tool that fix this kind of ****, WITHOUT REQUIRING THE USER TO BECOME A PROGRAMMER.

Please, help.

:)

RogerioHawilla, Oct 9, 2019 at 10:57 AM

2. Windows explore crash when searching

The tenforums link solved this issue for me.

The root cause is a Windows 10 bug where File Explorer crashes when long file names are included in a search result. The steps for the workaround are:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click View > Options
    • Open the View tab
    • Check "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    • Click OK

The Benjamin Moore, Oct 9, 2019 at 11:25 AM
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

j0 all.

The thing is, I have a very annoying problem with the Windows Explorer: It crashes. Quite often and quite random. I have NO idea what the problem is, and I've searched the computer for viruses, trojans and everything, but there is nothing I can find.

So, I decided to drop it and use something else. Any suggestions? It must be easy to use, of course. *Stick Out Tongue Windows explorer search crashes :p

Peace

/Frick

4. Windows explorer search crashes

file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

Thema:

Windows explorer search crashes

1. Windows explorer search crashes - Similar Threads - explorer search crashes

2. File Explorer crashes when searching Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when searching Windows 10: When I look for some term in the "search in quick access" in windows explorer, after writing some letters, it crashes and then the explorer returns after some seconds. I have Windows 10 updated....
  3. Taskbar Search: Launch Windows Explorer Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Search: Launch Windows Explorer Search: What I'd like to find is a way to have a searchbox on the Taskbar that launches Windows Search, not the new Windows search. I'm pretty sure it's just a different GUID or namespace. This will do for now though. From the SevenForums (SF) Tutorial section Search Shortcut -...
  4. Windows explorer crash

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows explorer crash: Hello! Two days ago, I have upgraded my windows 7 HP probook 470 Go to windows 10, using media creation tool (iso). After the complete installation and from the first boot to the new desktop, the windows explorer crashed. I have this problem since then. It is unable to...
  5. Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders: I apologize if I get some of the terminology wrong. Hopefully the screenshots will help. Basically if I open Windows Explorer and select Pictures from the Navigation page, I can search for a file (IMG_2354) and find it correctly. The file is located in...
  6. Windows Explorer Crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Crash: I have installed windows 10 Ent x64 on my pc and I tell you my hardware Mainboard: Asus P5P45 T-LE CPU: Quad Core 9300 Ram: 4G x2 VGA: GeForce GT 740 HDD: WD Khavari Black 1TB in windows 7-8-8.1 and 10 i have this problem At working suddenly windows explorer crash or...
  7. Windows Explorer Crashes when using search function across network

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Crashes when using search function across network: Hello, I have recently been tasked with upgrading my office to Windows 10 Professional from Windows 7. For a few weeks we encountered just minor bugs mostly caused by software compatibility. Recently however, I have found that some computers in the office (not all)...
  8. Windows explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer crashes: Faulting application name: ATKEX_cmd.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x58256d37Exception code: 0x0eedfadeFault offset: 0x000da832Faulting process id: 0x12b8Faulting application start time:...
  9. Windows Explorer crash.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer crash.: When I right click, or press CTRL+SHIFT+N to create new folder, Windows Explorer crashes. I have had this OS for 2 days now and am really liking this, although this is an incredible pain. Any help welcome, Thanks. 10287
  10. Explorer Search keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Search keeps Crashing: Hi, In File Explorer, if I type in search field the word "trad" the Explorer Crashes after few seconds of searching and all the Desktop crashes too and resets. Instead, if I type only the first 3 letters ("tra") it does work, no crash. What is that? 70124