Windows 10: Windows explorer search crashes

Discus and support Windows explorer search crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, System details: Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17763 Every time I perform a search on Windows Explorer, it crashes after a few seconds. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RogerioHawilla, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Windows explorer search crashes

Hello,

System details:

Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.17763

Every time I perform a search on Windows Explorer, it crashes after a few seconds.

I have already tried;

- DISM restore tool - it FAILED at 82%, Error code 12002 and I could not find a way to fix this

- SFC /Scannow - Found corrupt files, but was unable to fix and I could not find a way to fix this

Microsoft's suggestion of creating a new local user is, pardon my french, IDIOTIC.

I need to constantly find files, and I would not be changing users every time I need to find a file.

There must be a way to fix this issue for good.

Please, ask Bill Gates to find someone in your organization to create a tool that fix this kind of ****, WITHOUT REQUIRING THE USER TO BECOME A PROGRAMMER.

Please, help.

:)

RogerioHawilla, Oct 9, 2019

2. Windows explore crash when searching

The tenforums link solved this issue for me.

The root cause is a Windows 10 bug where File Explorer crashes when long file names are included in a search result. The steps for the workaround are:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click View > Options
    • Open the View tab
    • Check "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    • Click OK

The Benjamin Moore, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

j0 all.

The thing is, I have a very annoying problem with the Windows Explorer: It crashes. Quite often and quite random. I have NO idea what the problem is, and I've searched the computer for viruses, trojans and everything, but there is nothing I can find.

So, I decided to drop it and use something else. Any suggestions? It must be easy to use, of course. *Stick Out Tongue Windows explorer search crashes :p

Peace

/Frick

Frick, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Windows explorer search crashes

file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows explorer search crashes

1. Windows explorer search crashes - Similar Threads - explorer search crashes

2. Windows 11 file explorer crashing and windows search not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer crashing and windows search not loading: Hi, ive been having issues with my windows lately and i think I might accidentally deleted some system files somehow. I am now currently experiencing file explorer crashing only when left or right clicking on my only local disk, windows search wont load anything, windows...
  3. Windows 11 file explorer crashing and windows search not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file explorer crashing and windows search not loading: Hi, ive been having issues with my windows lately and i think I might accidentally deleted some system files somehow. I am now currently experiencing file explorer crashing only when left or right clicking on my only local disk, windows search wont load anything, windows...
  4. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Bar Crashes: I have been having the issue of File Explorer search bar freezing up and crashing to just simply not working.Video of Screen Session https://screenrec.com/share/st4HzoVvM6I need some assistance please!...
  5. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search Bar Crashes: I have been having the issue of File Explorer search bar freezing up and crashing to just simply not working.Video of Screen Session https://screenrec.com/share/st4HzoVvM6I need some assistance please!...
  6. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. windows explorer crashing when searching for files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer crashing when searching for files: this started happening only a few days ago, and i havent been able to find out why at all, its very annoying because im trying to find files that i want to use and everytime i search for them windows explorer crashes halfway through the search, ive looked at several answers...
  8. Searching in Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Searching in Windows explorer: Hello guys, I have a question about the behaviour of the windows explorer search. On my two personal computers when I open a folder which contains many other folders, I can press the button, for example, "r" to jump to the first folder that begins with the letter "r". I like...
  9. File Explorer crashes when searching Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when searching Windows 10: When I look for some term in the "search in quick access" in windows explorer, after writing some letters, it crashes and then the explorer returns after some seconds. I have Windows 10 updated....
  10. Explorer Search keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Search keeps Crashing: Hi, In File Explorer, if I type in search field the word "trad" the Explorer Crashes after few seconds of searching and all the Desktop crashes too and resets. Instead, if I type only the first 3 letters ("tra") it does work, no crash. What is that? 70124