Windows 10: WIndows Explorer Search duplicates.

Discus and support WIndows Explorer Search duplicates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Has anyone been having problems with the search function in Windows Explorer showing repeat search results? Whenever I try to search something that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kyle Best, May 13, 2020.

1. Kyle Best Win User

WIndows Explorer Search duplicates.

Has anyone been having problems with the search function in Windows Explorer showing repeat search results?
    Whenever I try to search something that has more than 36 results, such as photos, it repeats almost each of those results. Clicking on one result will also select the duplicated result. This issue also results in half the results actually being displayed overwriting the remaining results with said duplicate results. The files themselves are unaffected by this glitch, so there is no danger to one's precious files. However this can be a noteworthy hindrance. This glitch does take effect when the Sort function is applied. This began happening as a result of the 3/12 update.

:)

Kyle Best, May 13, 2020

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 13, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, May 13, 2020
  4. WIndows Explorer Search duplicates.

Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up?

Here is what I am dealing with:

WIndows Explorer Search duplicates. [​IMG]

The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a USB Flash drive is not necessary and I would like to remove one of them.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I think I found it here: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

I'll give it a go and find out.

It appears that the drives listed under "This PC" are not considered duplicate listings and the reg file does not have any effect on those listings.

So imperially or practically, I guess I don't really have a duplicate listing of the drive unless the branch of "This PC" is expanded.

EyeInTheSky, May 13, 2020
Thema:

WIndows Explorer Search duplicates.

1. WIndows Explorer Search duplicates. - Similar Threads - Explorer Search duplicates

2. Detailed search for duplicate image files with similar name in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Detailed search for duplicate image files with similar name in File Explorer: I have thousands of duplicate picture files in my File Backup storage drive and need to do some culling. File Backup is working properly now but I have too much duplication. How would I Search a folder and only isolate the second file? Please and thank you for your help....
  3. search returns duplicate results

in Windows 10 Customization
    search returns duplicate results: In Search Locations under Search tools in Outlook 2019, my email is listed multiple times. I;m sure this is why the emails are listed multiple times in a search. When I remove the check mark next to one of the duplicate search locations it reappears when I remove the check...
  4. Searching for duplicate text strings in File Explorer - Windows 10

Searching for duplicate text strings in File Explorer - Windows 10: I've several external data drives with many, many files and directories. Many files are duplicated and I would like to eliminate the duplicates. The syntax for the duplicates is, for example: "file name n.docx" where n is a number, usually 1, 2 or 3. Using the community...
  5. Duplicate drives in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate drives in Windows Explorer: Hi there, Recently i got duplicated drives in Windows explorer, see the screenshot. Any idea how to fix? [img] 155957
  6. Searching in Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Searching in Windows explorer: Hello guys, I have a question about the behaviour of the windows explorer search. On my two personal computers when I open a folder which contains many other folders, I can press the button, for example, "r" to jump to the first folder that begins with the letter "r". I like...
  7. Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives

Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives: In my PC tower I have two 1.0TB solid state drives (C and E). Connected externally I have two 2.0TB and one 3.0TB portable disc drives (G, H and I) and also a 16GB memory stick used as a ReadyBoost (drive F). In my Windows File Explorer Drives C and E show normally (i.e. once...
  8. Duplicate pendrive shwn in windows explorer

Duplicate pendrive shwn in windows explorer: Hello you may try this option as for me it work it remove only one and not showing duplicate anymore https://www.askvg.com/fix-drives-appearing-twice-in-navigation-pane-of-windows-10-explorer-this-pc/ regards Shaun...
  9. USB Duplication in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Duplication in Explorer: I have just bought two new SanDisk 32 GB USBs and when I insert each of them in my Vaio laptop, it show as duplicated - showing "This PC - removable disk (E) and the other just removable disk (E). Even the contents I have put on one have been duplicated. Can anyone tell me if...
  10. Windows Explorer opens duplicate windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer opens duplicate windows: Since Windows 10 preview, I've had really weird Explorer behavior. Sometimes, when I click a directory, Explorer will open two instances of it in two new windows, in addition to the already-open window that I was clicking from. This happens at random with different folders,...