Windows 10: Windows explorer search finds no results even though i can see the file listed

Discus and support Windows explorer search finds no results even though i can see the file listed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Greg. I can type in the search cell but it says "No results found" i re-indexed last night and this morning it worked but then this afternoon it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GerryHsp, Jul 22, 2021.

1. GerryHsp Win User

Windows explorer search finds no results even though i can see the file listed

Hi Greg. I can type in the search cell but it says "No results found" i re-indexed last night and this morning it worked but then this afternoon it doesnt. Ive tried restarting Explorer in task manager with no change. My IT friend has checked all settings and says in theory it should work. I have no idea if it was caused by an update I hate them I'd rather be hacked than periodically have to deal with negative results of updates. Would having windows reinstalled help?

:)

GerryHsp, Jul 22, 2021

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jul 22, 2021
  3. geno368 Win User
    Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Windows explorer search finds no results even though i can see the file listed

windows explorer search won't show any results

Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck.

Jim Ampulski, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows explorer search finds no results even though i can see the file listed

1. Windows explorer search finds no results even though i can see the file listed - Similar Threads - explorer search finds

2. Windows Explorer search not finding matching results when it should

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer search not finding matching results when it should: I just fresh installed Windows 10 and I'm already having problems with File Explorer. Why doesn't it find files even though they exist? In this example, I'm in a folder with a file called "00177.MTS", you can see it clearly exists. But if I search this folder for 177 or...
  3. File explorer search results in a dropdown window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer search results in a dropdown window: Hello, I am encountering problems with the file search feature after the latest update, from the update it changed the file search from showing me the results in picture form into a dropdown box by the search bar. (https://imgur.com/a/NpMSCB1 This is the dropdown box) Its...
  4. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Instant Search Result in File Explorer: When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed. How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results. Verson: 1909 OS Build: 18363.535...
  5. Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my...

in Cortana
    Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my...: Hello, I recently got a new computer and I am having trouble with the search results in windows file explorer. I changed the indexing settings so I am able to search the contents of the files. However, the results only highlight my search term in the document's path...
  6. Windows Explorer doesn't find files (even when searching in the folder the file is in, with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Explorer doesn't find files (even when searching in the folder the file is in, with...: Windows 10 OS Build 17134.523 Set for all drives and folders to be indexed (except program files). I've selected Windows Update, Recovery and Backup as the Windows Topic because I found information about why Reindexing is sometimes required after updates. I'm trying to...
  7. How can I print search results from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I print search results from File Explorer: Is it possible to print the search results for all files found during a search? As shown in the attached image, a search for *.AXP turned up 222 files. I would like to save this to a file like word or ideally Excel but I can't figure out how to copy/paste or some other way to...
  8. How can I print search results fro File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I print search results fro File Explorer: Is it possible to print the search results for all files found during a search? As shown in the attached image, a search for *.AXP turned up 222 files. I would like to save this to a file like word or ideally Excel but I can't figure out how to copy/paste or some other way to...
  9. Search won't find .mp4 file even though it is there

in Windows 10 Support
    Search won't find .mp4 file even though it is there: When I search for *.mp4 in Public Folders > Video, the results don't show the file. The problem is the file is in there. When I search *.* in Public Folders it is not shown either. When I search the entire C: drive, though, it shows up in the Public Folders > Video...
  10. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search: Results not opening: When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before search: [img] After search for "Get" [img] Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does...