Windows 10: Windows explorer search not workin

Discus and support Windows explorer search not workin in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows explorer search is not working on either of my computers. One is running 10 home and the other is running 10 pro. I have talked to over 2 dozen... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by jlkschmidt, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Windows explorer search not workin

Windows explorer search is not working on either of my computers. One is running 10 home and the other is running 10 pro. I have talked to over 2 dozen windows “tech” to no avail! Last step to complete on the 10 home computer is to rebuild the index. The indexing have been running for over 4 weeks now with 659210 complete and 188445 left. I get partial results some times but most of the time is doesn’t find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

jlkschmidt, Aug 13, 2022

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 13, 2022
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Aug 13, 2022
  4. Windows explorer search not workin

Windows explorer search not workin

Windows explorer search is not working on either of my computers. One is running 10 home and the other is running 10 pro. I have talked to over 2 dozen windows “tech” to no avail! Last step to complete on the 10 home computer is to rebuild the index. The indexing have been running for over 4 weeks now with 659210 complete and 188445 left. I get partial results some times but most of the time is doesn’t find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

jlkschmidt, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

Windows explorer search not workin

1. Windows explorer search not workin - Similar Threads - explorer search workin

2. Ctrl keys not workins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl keys not workins: Both of my control keys on y laptop have suddenly stopped working. They work for a bit then they stop and they work for a bit then they stop. This only happens on windows because i have a dual boot of windows and linux and the keyboard works well on linux. I've reset,...
  3. Ctrl keys not workins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl keys not workins: Both of my control keys on y laptop have suddenly stopped working. They work for a bit then they stop and they work for a bit then they stop. This only happens on windows because i have a dual boot of windows and linux and the keyboard works well on linux. I've reset,...
  4. Windows Explorer search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer search: When I conduct a search in Windows Explorer it produces results that fit only part of my search string, for example only "abs" out of ".abs." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-search/14a92370-0168-4196-b414-2e77038e283e
  5. Windows not workin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not workin: Nothing on my computer is working I dont know what happened i can see my files but i cant open them because it says i dont have an app to open the file. The start menu nor cortana work im so frustrated i dont know what to do im not very computer savy and im freaking out i...
  6. front camera not workin

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    front camera not workin: can someone help me fix my front camera/web cam, I can see and hear other people but they cannot see me because my front camera does not come on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-camera-not-workin/6e043ae6-1a25-4811-b026-b5f35ae2ac71
  7. Searching in Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Searching in Windows explorer: Hello guys, I have a question about the behaviour of the windows explorer search. On my two personal computers when I open a folder which contains many other folders, I can press the button, for example, "r" to jump to the first folder that begins with the letter "r". I like...
  8. right after I upgraded to 1909 - File Explorer search box stops workin

in Windows 10 Support
    right after I upgraded to 1909 - File Explorer search box stops workin: This is what I'm referring to: [img] No problems when I was running 1809. 146399
  9. Camera is not workin on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera is not workin on PC: camera is installed but is not functioning ***Original title: cant get camera to work*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-not-workin-on-pc/527095a0-0838-4daf-8255-7caa0387efbb
  10. Search not workin gin Win10 - how to fix

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not workin gin Win10 - how to fix: Win7 could put in any word and Search would find the file it was in - lovely. Now Win10 doesn't do this - I have to search from the Documents folder - wastes a lot of time. Any way to fix this? Many times Search won't fine a Word file unless I put a full stop afterwards....