Windows 10: windows explorer search not working?

Discus and support windows explorer search not working? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version 20H2 (OS build 19043.1110) Hi, I have an odd problem, if I click on windows explorer and get the explorer page up I can do most things in there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bob 1954, Aug 20, 2021.

1. bob 1954 Win User

windows explorer search not working?

Version 20H2 (OS build 19043.1110) Hi, I have an odd problem, if I click on windows explorer and get the explorer page up I can do most things in there other than search? If I put one of my directories in the top left box i.e. >users and type anything into the right hand box (the search box), when I click on 'enter' or the arrow to the right of the box windows explorer just crashes and I get >users (Not Responding) on the top line as the whole box goes grey? Hovering my mouse over anywhere on the box just produces the blue ring but nothing else happens. I am quite sure I don't have a virus or malware, I have just cleaned the computer. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks, Bob.

:)

bob 1954, Aug 20, 2021

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Aug 20, 2021
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 20, 2021
  4. windows explorer search not working?

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

windows explorer search not working?

1. windows explorer search not working? - Similar Threads - explorer search working

2. File explorer search and windows search not working

in Cortana
    File explorer search and windows search not working: After I did dskchk /r in cmd it replaced some bad cluster filesAnd the window search and file explorer search is not working and I can't type any thing in it The window search is running and I did a troubleshoot ,it said that it's fixed but it's not....
  3. File explorer search and windows search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer search and windows search not working: After I did dskchk /r in cmd it replaced some bad cluster filesAnd the window search and file explorer search is not working and I can't type any thing in it The window search is running and I did a troubleshoot ,it said that it's fixed but it's not....
  4. File explorer search and windows search not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. search & file explorer search not working

in Cortana
    search & file explorer search not working: Whenever I try to search in the Windows search bar it just closes. Even my file explorer keeps on hanging. Tried to do system restore before and its just stop. What else?...
  6. search & file explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search & file explorer search not working: Whenever I try to search in the Windows search bar it just closes. Even my file explorer keeps on hanging. Tried to do system restore before and its just stop. What else?...
  7. Windows search & file explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search & file explorer search not working: Hi,I recently built a new PC with a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro.When setting up my preferences, I turned off Cortana in regedit and in gpedit because I dislike the feature. After this, my search functions in my Windows aswell as in my file explorer stopped working...
  8. Windows search & file explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search & file explorer search not working: Hi,I recently built a new PC with a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro.When setting up my preferences, I turned off Cortana in regedit and in gpedit because I dislike the feature. After this, my search functions in my Windows aswell as in my file explorer stopped working...
  9. Windows search & file explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Windows Search / File Explorer Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search / File Explorer Search Not Working: I have been having a problem on my search window on both windows start and file explorer. Everytime i try to type something to search the search bar wont respond or it just not do anything at all. my search wont show up or the text im typing is not showing up. Tried several...