Windows 10: windows explorer search not working?

Discus and support windows explorer search not working? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version 20H2 (OS build 19043.1110) Hi, I have an odd problem, if I click on windows explorer and get the explorer page up I can do most things in there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bob 1954, Aug 20, 2021.

1. bob 1954 Win User

windows explorer search not working?

Version 20H2 (OS build 19043.1110) Hi, I have an odd problem, if I click on windows explorer and get the explorer page up I can do most things in there other than search? If I put one of my directories in the top left box i.e. >users and type anything into the right hand box (the search box), when I click on 'enter' or the arrow to the right of the box windows explorer just crashes and I get >users (Not Responding) on the top line as the whole box goes grey? Hovering my mouse over anywhere on the box just produces the blue ring but nothing else happens. I am quite sure I don't have a virus or malware, I have just cleaned the computer. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks, Bob.

:)

bob 1954, Aug 20, 2021

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Aug 20, 2021
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 20, 2021
  4. windows explorer search not working?

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

windows explorer search not working?

1. windows explorer search not working? - Similar Threads - explorer search working

2. Search Bar and Explorer not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar and Explorer not working: Two days ago I was navigating through my files then out of nowhere the Explorer crashed, I tried to open it again only for it to crash seconds after opening the folder again. While trying to fix the problem I also discovered that my Search Bar closed before I was able to type...
  3. Windows search, file explorer search, and windows store not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search, file explorer search, and windows store not working: So for a couple of days now the search option next to cortana hasn't been working. It'll open for barely a second and immediately close. And maybe it's been like that for longer than I've known but I found out today that the search option in file explorer also isn't working....
  4. Explorer and taskbar search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer and taskbar search not working: Build 1904.338 When I click into the search bar the cursor doesnt appear, a black box briefly appears above and I cannot type. The same happens in the File Explorer search box. After many frustrating googles and many blind allys I am stuck trying to find out if the search...
  5. Windows Search / File Explorer Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search / File Explorer Search Not Working: I have been having a problem on my search window on both windows start and file explorer. Everytime i try to type something to search the search bar wont respond or it just not do anything at all. my search wont show up or the text im typing is not showing up. Tried several...
  6. Search Explorer Windows 10 not working

in Cortana
    Search Explorer Windows 10 not working: When I search on my computer the bar is black. No search results. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-explorer-windows-10-not-working/a62fde85-04a3-482c-b82c-5d32d1a93f93"
  7. Search within Windows Explorer not working

in Cortana
    Search within Windows Explorer not working: Typing in the search box of Windows Explorer has no effect at all: no result showcase, no interface change, nothing basically happens when I'm typing in it. When asking help from Windows bot, I got this error message: "Incorrect permissions on Windows Search directories :...
  8. Windows Explorer search functionality not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer search functionality not working: Cannot get result when we do a simple file search. Some times it keeps loading and sometimes get blank result https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-search-functionality-not-working/d81249cd-84b1-40db-98c1-561d30d0537c
  9. File Explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer search not working: Hi, I recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. The search in the task bar seems to be working perfectly but the search bar in file explorer does not display any results. I tried rebuilding, modifying the indices but still no change. . [img] [img] [img]...
  10. File Explorer Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search Not Working: Recently, I have observed the Search feature of the File Explorer does not work (e.g., No items match your search). The folders I'm searching are indexed. I've tried rebuilding the index. I can even drill down to a folder I know contains the sought file and entering a search...