Windows 10: windows explorer search partial results

Discus and support windows explorer search partial results in Cortana to solve the problem; strange behavior: windows 10 pro windows-explorer, while using the regular explorer search bar not Cortana, the results displayed are only from files... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by win8.1pro user, Jan 19, 2022.

1. windows explorer search partial results

strange behavior: windows 10 pro windows-explorer, while using the regular explorer search bar not Cortana, the results displayed are only from files whos filename begins with the letter "A"your thoughts appreciated

:)

win8.1pro user, Jan 19, 2022

2. windows explorer search won't show any results

Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck.

Jim Ampulski, Jan 19, 2022
  3. OldW7Guy Win User
    File Explorer Search fails wildcard partial numeric name search.

The indexing trouble shooter did not find any problem.
    System File Check result was: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10586.0 found No component store corruption detected.

I do not believe that my system has any problem as the wildcard partial numeric name search issue occurs on all Windows 10 systems of family and friends.
    I believe the priority of this issue should be raised because the Search Results vary depending on the number of files involved creating confusion and incorrect results. With less than 40 files the wildcard partial numeric name search returns the correct
    results. With more than 50 files the wildcard search becomes a whole number search only listing files that have the exact number. With *2345 in the search box and more than 50 files in focus, Search will Not list 123456.txt but will only list 2345.txt.
    With less than 40 files in focus All files with any numeric string containing 2345 will be listed.

OldW7Guy, Jan 19, 2022
  4. windows explorer search partial results

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

windows explorer search partial results

1. windows explorer search partial results - Similar Threads - explorer search partial

2. How to auto-populate search results in Windows Explorer Search?

in Cortana
    How to auto-populate search results in Windows Explorer Search?: I finally switched to Windows 10 Pro today. Among all the other things that simply do not work as well as they did in Windows 7 Pro, the standard Windows Explorer Search bar does not appear to have the basic functionality of automatically populating results as the user types...
  3. How to auto-populate search results in Windows Explorer Search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to auto-populate search results in Windows Explorer Search?: I finally switched to Windows 10 Pro today. Among all the other things that simply do not work as well as they did in Windows 7 Pro, the standard Windows Explorer Search bar does not appear to have the basic functionality of automatically populating results as the user types...
  4. windows explorer search partial results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer search partial results: strange behavior: windows 10 pro windows-explorer, while using the regular explorer search bar not Cortana, the results displayed are only from files whos filename begins with the letter "A"your thoughts appreciated...
  5. windows explorer search partial results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows explorer search partial results: strange behavior: windows 10 pro windows-explorer, while using the regular explorer search bar not Cortana, the results displayed are only from files whos filename begins with the letter "A"your thoughts appreciated...
  6. File explorer search results in a dropdown window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer search results in a dropdown window: Hello, I am encountering problems with the file search feature after the latest update, from the update it changed the file search from showing me the results in picture form into a dropdown box by the search bar. (https://imgur.com/a/NpMSCB1 This is the dropdown box) Its...
  7. Searching by known filename exact or partial, has no results.

in Cortana
    Searching by known filename exact or partial, has no results.: I am in DESKTOP folder and searching for files with the exact name and I KNOW they are in the Desktop folder as I am looking directly at them, the search window yields no results "No items match your search". Downloads and Docs behave the same way. Other folders works fine...
  8. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Instant Search Result in File Explorer: When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed. How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results. Verson: 1909 OS Build: 18363.535...
  9. Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders: I apologize if I get some of the terminology wrong. Hopefully the screenshots will help. Basically if I open Windows Explorer and select Pictures from the Navigation page, I can search for a file (IMG_2354) and find it correctly. The file is located in...
  10. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search: Results not opening: When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before search: [img] After search for "Get" [img] Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does...